Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Butch Walker

Day 13 of the photo challenge is my favorite band or artist. It's always so hard to pick favorites! I have so many bands and artists that I love. Some that come to mind: Chris Tomlin, Lincoln Brewster, Jason Mraz, The Band Perry, Carrie Underwood, Ten Shekel Shirt, Three Days Grace, Brad Paisley, etc... But the one I chose is the person who I've seen in concert the most times (4) and who has gotten me through some of the hardest times. That is Butch Walker. He is an amazing singer, plays several instruments, writes great music/lyrics, and also does awesome covers. I haven't listened to him much lately, but a few years back he got me through breakups, family drama, and general life transitions. Sometimes his songs can be a little off-putting because he writes about real issues like drugs, abuse, pride, etc... But he isn't glorifying these things, just exposing them. He's not a Christian artist, and sometimes he uses language I don't necessarily approve of, but I take away positive meanings from most of his songs. And they all have passion and emotion behind them. Also, he's really down to Earth. He's not super famous, so he doesn't seem arrogant. He makes an attempt to connect to his audience. And my step-sister dated him for like a week back in 2003...that's gotta count for something, right? ;)

So, here's a picture of him and a video of a particularly moving performance. I know it's like 6 minutes long, but I really encourage you to watch it. You can see how passionate he is, and what a great singer!








Who are some of your favorites?

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...