Thursday, September 12, 2013

36 Weeks!

At this point it's basically all I can do to keep up with these weekly (or semi-weekly) pregnancy updates. Work is extremely busy and I'm trying to get as much accomplished as possible before this little boy decides to make his debut. So, without further adieu, here are the updates!

36 Weeks
It must be the shirt or the angle or me being crazy, but I feel like the bump looks smaller in this picture than the last one! Oh, well! I assure you, Baby Grayson is out there, loud and proud! :)

Baby Grayson Updates:
+ He likes to stick what I believe is his little bottom out my right side, right under my ribs. I often feel like I'm stretching out so much I might burst! 
+ When his movements become too uncomfortable, I always ask Scott to calm him down. He just has to rub my belly and talk to him and he usually stops moving, or at least is more gentle. A couple times Scott has touched his little protruding bottom and he's retreated, slipping away like a fish! (He NEVER does that for me!!)
+ At my appointment last week he was still in the correct position and his heart rate was in the 150's. He goes nuts when they do the doppler and starts kicking all over the place. I don't think he likes it.
+ According to Baby Center, he's around 6 pounds now and gaining about an ounce a day! He's been consistently measuring ahead by a week or two all along, so I'm wondering how big he really is.

Mommy Updates:
+ Feeling pretty good the past couple weeks, all things considered.
+ Walked around downtown Statesboro for hours last Friday night during the Taste of Downtown Festival. It must have been all the yummy samples that kept my stamina up! I did notice some ankle swelling afterwards, but nothing too drastic. 
+ Speaking of swelling, I no longer wear my wedding rings. :( I have very, very thin fingers (and ankles, for that matter) so even slight swelling makes a difference.
+ My biggest complaint right now is lower hip/pelvic pain. It hurts down the back of my butt cheeks (best way I can think to describe it) and even worse on my inner-thighs, like around my bikini line. It feels like I've done hundreds of reps on the hip abductor machines at the gym! 
+ I try to stretch and exercise regularly to help with the pain. Prenatal yoga and pilates are my friends. I workout on my lunch break and after work. "Workout" might be a bit of an overstatement. We're talking 10-20 minutes of light stretching and movements, just to keep my blood moving and to keep from being so stiff. + I still manage to sleep at night, but I wake up so stiff that pulling myself out of bed feels nearly impossible. + Definitely having Braxton Hicks contractions, some of which are even a little painful (or rather, uncomfortable), but they are still infrequent and random. Usually 1-2 a day, mostly early morning or in the middle of the night.
+ I have my next dr appointment on Monday of next week and we'll do my final ultrasound. I should also get the results from my Group B Strep culture that they took last week.
+ I have our next meeting with our doula on Saturday. We'll go over our birth plan (which I just wrote yesterday!) and labor positions, etc. I'm so thankful to have her on my birthing team! :)
+ We're trying to set up pediatrician interviews next week. I know, we should have done that like...a month ago...but whatever, we're doing it now! 
+ We have our pregnancy photo shoot on Sunday! :) So excited!
+ Was surprised with a mini-baby shower at church on Sunday and again at work today. I'm so thankful for all the friends and support I have during this time. So many people are excited to meet the little boy! 
+ I had a small little emotional breakdown last night, which started due to my hips locking up while I was trying to get out of bed, and somehow (thanks to hormones!!) culminated into crying about how it's hard to be pregnant but how not being pregnant means that we'll have a baby and everything is going to change and what if it's too hard or we don't like it or I miss how our relationship was before the baby??? Yeah, fun times. {I feel MUCH better about this today, after talking with Scott and praying together.}
+ Fact is...this little boy could come any time now. Could be today, could be in 4 weeks around the due date, could be in 6 weeks when they finally have to induce me, or any time in between. We just don't know. So keep us in your prayers as we prepare and await his arrival! :)

~Christy~  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...