Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Every Good Blogger Carries a Camera

We all know that every good blogger carries a camera. Ideally, a really nice camera. And they all have an eye for angles. At least, this seems to be the norm. Anyway, I broke the rule. I don't have a nice camera, or a great eye for that matter, but I do like to document things with pictures. But last weekend I didn't carry my camera with me. And for that, I am sorry. There could have been some great shots!

Friday we left straight from work to head down to Savannah to have dinner with Scott's aunt and uncle. His uncle is a pilot and he comes to Savannah at least twice a year for training. Whenever he's in town, he takes us out to dinner. Upon arrival at his hotel, he invited us up to their room where they had prepared a platter of fancy cheese and crackers and some wine. That's how they are. They always have fancy food and wine, even when they travel! It's fabulous. So, after snacking and catching up, we planned our evening. The funny thing is, Scott & I live a little over an hour away from Savannah, and have for the last several years, but his uncle knows the area way better than we do. Every time we meet him down there, he shows us new areas and shares the rich history of the city with us. It never ceases to amaze me. We take Savannah for granted. I often think of it only as the nearest decent shopping mall, and historic River Street which I've seen so many times I'm sick of it. But there is so much more to Savannah than that.

We decided to take a walk and go to Forsyth Park and visit The Mansion, which is a restaurant, hotel, and art gallery. The walk was about 3.5 miles total (there and back), which was more than I anticipated. By the end of it I was a tad grumpy. But perhaps that's because on our way back some residual Irene rain came our way and I walked about a mile in dress pants and flip-flops (it would have been heels if his aunt didn't loan me a pair of sandals). I digress. The walk there was actually really awesome. Savannah is such a beautiful place! If I had a camera, I could have captured so many amazing sites and details.

I had never even heard of The Mansion before, and I certainly would never have stepped inside it if it weren't for Scott's uncle. I would just assume I wasn't fancy enough to go in. But they confidently walked right in and informed the front desk that we just wanted to take a look around. It was BEAUTIFUL!

That's the outside, and it doesn't even do it justice.
Via
Each room had a different theme and decorations. Everything was very modern and classy. Made me want to order a Martini...even though I don't like them!

Then, after our hike through the rain, we had dinner at The Pirate's House. I had never been. I thought it was going to be a cheesy, tourist trap. It was, in a way, but it is really cool because it's historic. There are actually tunnels running under the restaurant where Pirates and seamen used to travel. Just like most things in Savannah, it is old and beautiful. Plus, the food is delish!


Saturday and Sunday were days of major rest. I admit it, I was a complete bum. Aside from a few small school assignments, some light cleaning, and working with Children's Church on Sunday, I basically slept and watched 90210. Yes, the addiction continues...

In other news, I weighed-in on Friday and I lost 2.5 pounds since the previous Saturday! That was an exciting way to kick off my new fitness goals. I've done 4 days of 30 Day Shred. Man, that workout is killer! I got cocky and moved up to Level 2 yesterday...bad decision! Some of those exercises I just could not do. Even the modified versions were challenging. And today I'm paying for it with a sore neck and shoulders...I guess I was straining through some of the moves. But I've been diligent about it. I didn't work out on Friday since we were so busy, and I probably won't get to today or tomorrow because I work and then have class all day, but I'm trying to workout all the other days of the week! Hopefully I will start to see a difference soon. I also took my measurements so we'll see how that improves. I probably won't take them again for another couple weeks at least.

Now I'm just trying to get through this week so I can move on to next weekend! Gotta love a long weekend! And we have a lot of fun things planned, including Celebrate Freedom Atlanta Christian Festival and a Braves game! :)

Have a great week!
~Christy~

2 comments:

  1. great job on the weight loss!! that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let me husband see this post! He'd LOVE for me to go with out my camera for a weekend...or the rest of our lives. Haha! Little does he know... he's going to buy me a "nice" camera someday. (preferably when we have babies)
    I want to go to Savannah so badly someday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...