Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Updates and a Declaration!

I've been conflicted about the blog lately. I don't have time to devote to it the way that many other bloggers do. I honestly just don't feel like making a fancy page, getting sponsors, creating tabs, and having a blog that's worthy of hundreds of followers. But when I try to participate in this blogging world, I feel pressured to do those things. I get jealous of the bloggers I follow. I feel like I need to be traveling to fabulous places, wearing the most trendy outfits, and snapping breathtaking pictures with an outrageously expensive camera. But that's not my life. And I don't want to feel bad about my life because the fact is...my life is pretty darn wonderful as it is!! I am blessed beyond words. So I don't want to get caught up in something that makes me feel otherwise. And it's no one's fault but my own.

I will probably still read blogs of all types, and I'm not saying I won't EVER post a fluff piece, but I am going to rededicate my blog to God. That may seem strange, but that was the original intent of this blog. I wanted to share what God had been doing in my life and all the lessons I was learning through my time with Him. And I've gotten so far away from that. So now it's time for me to declare that I am going back to the basics. You will be seeing a lot more of what I meant for this blog to be about. Probably still some other things every now and then, but not as a majority. If you quit reading, I understand. But I hope you don't. Because I hope that you can be inspired or learn or grow with me in this journey.

Now...I feel like I can't move forward without at least doing a quick update from where I left off back in December. So, here it is...in pictures! Enjoy the recap, and check back tomorrow for the beginning of my posts of substance! Thanks, friends! :)

I turned 27, and Scott bought me these cute boots and a Joyce Meyer devotional :)

Pictures of all the pretty things around my yard...


We decorated for Christmas




I graduated with my Master's! Whoop!





We celebrated Christmas...this is my niece Kyli and her mom.

My other niece Keirra

Me and my sister in our new PJ's! 

Me and my Daddy

We redecorated our master bathroom...new paint, light fixture, shower curtain, mats, soap dispensers, waste basket, tooth brush holder, and towels! 


And we painted our master bedroom...more work still to be done in this room!

Happy Tuesday!
~Christy~


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting! I feel EXACTLY the same way. Sometimes looking at blogs makes me feel happy and joyful about the beauty in life. And other times i feel totally inadequate. I'm also trying to get back to basics, to where my heart really lies (sincerity, faith, creativity, and love). Good luck! Oh, and your pictures makes me miss GSU more than I can say!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...