Thursday, July 17, 2014

Lately....

 Praying for:
+ friends and family battling cancer (3 on my prayer list currently)
+ a dear friend who is undergoing extensive pain management treatments to help with pain in one leg and phantom pain from his amputated leg, all stemming from a motorcycle accident three years ago. 
+ peace for a friend who is feeling confused and lost
+ new mommy friends! (Mallorie Morris and Kinsley Baker!)
+ pregnant friends (Kim Simpson, Stephanie Shirley, my step-sister Shannon, and one more I found out about today!!!)

Working on:
+ an unrealistic summer to-do list that involves spending a lot of money on updating things in our house, among other things!
+ reviewing student files who are expecting to graduate in December
+ wrapping up the final few SOAR sessions of the summer
+ developing a syllabus and other materials for my First-Year Seminar orientation class!

Hoping for:
+ Grayson sleeping more at night (didn't I hope for that last time?? Yes. Yep.)
+ More dedication to working out... eek!
+ An awesome visit with friends this weekend
+ Revamping the mom group I host so that more mamas can commit to participating. 

Recently:
+ We spent 4th of July week at St. George Island with Scott's parents and sister. We had a great time lazing about at the beach, hanging out in the house, eating good food, and laughing!
+ Had a really fun "make your own sushi night" with friends last week. So fun and tasty! :)

Reading:
+ The Bible - just finished Joshua and started Hebrews today
+ Home Front by Kristin Hannah
+ The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor for my office book club
+ This sweet blog post - a letter to future daughter-in-law
+ This awesome post about why readers are the best people to fall in love with! (I have to agree!)

Watching:
+ This amazing testimony video from a woman in our church. Have the tissues ready for this powerful story!
+ just watched the most recent X-Men movie - The Wolverine (just how many of these movies are they going to make?!?!)
+ just finished the most recent season of Parenthood
+ The Good Wife season 2
+ the most recent season of So You Think You Can Dance
+VeggieTales with Grayson

Listening to:
+ Pandora on shuffle still...recently added a Paramoure station

Laughing About:
+ This picture I drew of my dad, after Scott challenged me, his mom, and his aunt to draw pictures of our dads (coming off a conversation about the talented drawers his mom has in her kindergarten class!)
I'm quite the artist, no?

What are YOU up to lately? :-)

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog from over at Stasia's blog :) Glad I did, I'm excited to be following along now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...