Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lately...

* I finally bought 2 pairs of new pants for work. Guess what? I dropped TWO sizes! I also tried on a pair of khakis I've kept in my closet for the past few months even though they were way too small (I was too lazy to donate them!). And they fit perfectly! I'm wearing them today and feeling good about it. I'm a little bummed though that one of the pants I bought seemed to get looser as the day progressed. I hate that about pants! It's so hard to know when you try them on in the store how they're going to fit after you wear them for a little while. Is there a good rule of thumb for how things should fit when you first try them on? Does it depend on the material? I didn't want to buy tighter and have them shrink...

* We're going to the Passion Conferences Good Friday concert tomorrow night for the 3rd year in a row. I can't wait!! It's such a powerful way to worship...singing our hearts out to God, outside in the midst of nature and His creation, thanking Him for sending His son to save us...even though we were thankless sinners. Also, Chris Tomlin, Dave Crowder, and Kristian Stanfill??? Yes, please! :)


* Last Sunday, which was Palm Sunday, Connection Church had a cookout after church and then had a massive egg drop. We literally dropped thousands of plastic eggs filled with goodies from a helicopter! You should have seen the kids go nuts, trying to run out there to get the eggs as fast as possible!



As one of my friends said when the kids started running all at once,
"HUNGER GAMES!!!!"
* I think we're going to go on a cruise again this year. And not just any cruise...the EXACT SAME one we went on before! ha! It's not that crazy, right? I mean, people redo vacations all the time! I guess it is a little silly since there are SO many different cruises. But we want to go during our anniversary week (also Memorial Day week), we have a modest budget, and we can only take off certain days during the month. So, basically we're looking at cruises that are offered one particular week that are in our price range. And the one we've already been on is the most affordable. We get a couple different discounts, and it's way cheaper than the others that week. Some of the other cruises have great deals earlier in May, but we can't take off work then. But you know what? I'm totally okay with it! In fact, I'm super excited! We had such a great time for our 1-year anniversary...it's going to amazing for our 3rd anniversary, too! :) Plus, there is so much to do on cruises, we can easily have a very different experience. Now, please enjoy some pictures from last year...and you may notice...I was heavier then! (After 1 year of marriage, I added on quite a few happiness pounds!)








And that's about it, folks! Other than that, just keeping busy with school, work (plus an internship!), and church. Did I ever tell you that Scott and I lead worship for the kids at church now? Oh, well, we do! :) And we love it!

Happy Holy Weekend! :) {Almost weekend anyway!}

~Christy~

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you've been married soo long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on dropping two pant sizes!! I love when clothes that were too small fit again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...