Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Books in 2012



This post by Wendi inspired me to figure out how many books I've read so far this year. She challenges herself to read 100 every year! I don't think I'll ever be able to do that. I just don't get enough uninterrupted time for reading. Unless I'm on a beach vacation or something. Otherwise it's usually in bed right before I fall asleep. And some nights I'm just too tired to even bother. If the book isn't one of those addicting page turners, it could take me weeks to finish it. But I love reading! I have my Bachelor's in English for crying out loud! It just seems like I should be able to make more time for it.

I tried to remember and I came up with 14 books. And three of those are the Hunger Games series which I had already read! Oh, well. Here is my list so far...(I tried to remember everything, but it's quite possible I've forgotten and left some out.) This is in no particular order.


1.       Hunger Games
2.       Catching Fire
3.       Mocking Jay
4.       Jane Eyre
5.       The Bluest Eye
6.       A Discovery of Witches
7.       Shadow of Night
8.       The Poisonwood Bible
9.       Night Road
10.   The Bible (read it every day)
11.   Crazy Love
12.   The Girl who Played with Fire
13. A Wrinkle in Time (re-read...I think I read it in 6th grade)
14.   The Color Purple (currently reading)






As I mentioned in my 27 before 27 post, I want to read at least three more books before my birthday (Dec. 6th). No real reason why I picked the number three. Just seemed reasonable. Any recommendations? :)

And I highly recommend any of the books on my list here. Especially The Poisonwood Bible and A Discovery of Witches (they are completely different types of books, though). And The Bible. Duh.

Happy reading!




~Christy

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love this. Oh, and Night Road? L.O.V.E. She is such an amazing writer. True Colors is fantastic and so is Winter Garden. Be prepared to have tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear this! I keep wanting to finish my book and I always use an excuse with myself. My goal before October is to finish it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...