Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Review

I know, I know...I still haven't written more about the house story. If you can believe it, I'm actually graduating with my masters in December and will no longer be in school. Sure, I will be busy with work and church and the rest of my life still, but I'm hoping this means I have a little bit more time for blogging. Because , lately? Not much time at all. I will get to it. I promise!

This past weekend:

+ We made a trip up to Atlanta to have our new car inspected for a certified pre-owned warranty. All is well there, and they detailed it and filled it up with gas! We've ordered a small bottle of touch-up paint so we can take care of that little scratch on the back. Oh, you don't know about ANY of this? Yeah... we bought an '09 silver Jetta that Scott's parents had been leasing. Within the first 5 minutes in our new house, we learned that the garage door clicker is VERY sensitive. And the door closed repeatedly on the trunk of our new car! Thankfully nothing was badly damaged. But it's a great way to start off life in a new house with a new car, right??

+ I went shopping with Scott's mom and bought lots of new tops which I'm excited about. I finally got my dress pants altered so they fit me again, and now I have new shirts to wear with them! :) I tried to buy shirts that would go with at least 2 pair of work pants AND jeans. I'm trying to get the most out of my money these days, and I'm tired of buying shirts that only work with one pair of pants or that I can only wear on the weekends.

+ My co-worker Linda bought me a watch so now I finally have one of those big-faced, rubber wrist band, fake diamond outlined watches that the whole world has. Only about a year late, right? Oh, well. I still love it!

+ I got an awful stomach bug or something. It hit me in the middle of the night Saturday and I was completely wiped out yesterday. I barely ate a thing and was in pain most of the day from stomach cramps and dehydration headaches. Some of that is still lingering today, but I seem to be able to eat regular meals again. It was absolutely terrible going through it, but let's be real. Every girl kind of likes the way she looks right after a stomach bug, am I right? I know it's awful and it's shallow and I would NEVER wish to have a stomach bug just for the flat tummy look the next day, but hey--if I've got to suffer for two days straight, I might as well make the most of it!

And now I'm ready for a VERY busy week full of work (2 jobs these days, people!), school, church, and continuing to get settled in the new house. Hoping for a house warming party really soon, which  means we need to get serious about hanging things on the walls, weeding the gardens, and getting things just the way we want them. It is coming along quite nicely, but I think I've hit a wall and need to be re-motivated. I think a house warming deadline is just the ticket!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready for a good week! Happy Monday!

~Christy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...