Monday, April 15, 2013

15 Weeks

I will be 15 weeks pregnant this Wednesday. I admit I have failed the blogger mommy ritual of taking bump pictures. I still may get to it... So, I'm sorry! You will have to imagine that my belly is protruding a little bit now. :)

As of week 14, the baby is about the size of a lemon. He/she has functioning liver and kidneys and is growing hair. He/she has increasing motor functions and can even suck his or her thumb. :)

I'm officially in my second trimester now, which is a relief. Chances of miscarriage decrease significantly, I'm nauseous less often, I have more energy (though I'm still tired a lot), and I'm starting to actually look pregnant! In fact, Scott and I were out walking over the weekend and a random lady walked by and said "congratulations." I was so taken aback that I didn't respond at all! We were all walking at a quick pace, so there really wasn't time for awkward silence or anything, but still! I squeezed Scott's hand and whispered, "Did she just say congratulations??" He confirmed. I was completely shocked. I know my belly has grown, but I also know it is much more obvious to me than most other people. And most of the time I feel like it just looks like a big lunch...not a baby bump. At first I was a little embarrassed, but then I decided to be excited. I keep saying that I can't wait until it's obvious that I'm pregnant and not just getting fat. I would say this confirms that--she assumed I am pregnant and not just fat. Hooray!

We find out the sex in two days! I can't even believe it. I keep telling people that's when we find out, but it doesn't feel real. It seems insane that I can already know if this little one is a girl or a boy. But I can't wait! I'm so excited to start calling our baby by name, bonding with him/her more, and finally drop the him/her, he/she, his/her pronouns!!! And of course, I look forward to buying more things and decorating the nursery. It's all just around the corner!

In a way it feels like I've been pregnant forever. When I think back to when we found out, that feels like a long time ago. But on the other hand, I feel like it's flying by! I'll be meeting this little one before we know it. :) Speaking of, I'm SUPER excited that this past weekend we met with our doula for the first time. She is so awesome and has given me more confidence and peace of mind about the birthing process. I've been reading all kinds of books, including Hypnobirthing and have watched a few documentaries, including The Business of Being Born and More Business of Being Born (both available on Netflix), and Orgasmic Birth (which we rented from Amazon video). I am feeling more and more empowered and excited about my natural birth! :) Call me crazy, but I know I was created to do this. And if you do the research, you will see that many of the medical interventions that take place in the hospital are unnecessary and can actual impede you from laboring in a safe and efficient way. Okay, that's my soapbox for now.

Happy Monday to you all! I'll be in touch soon about the sex! :)

~Christy~


4 comments:

  1. Yay for natural birth! I decided on it a long time before I was pregnant after watching "The Business of Being Born" and doing a ton of research. I'd love to provide continued encouragement for you during your pregnancy, and maybe even swap stories :). I can't wait to find out what you're having! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't start taking belly pictures until 20 weeks :) And don't worry... the first half of the pregnancy feels like forever, but the second half FLIES by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belly pictures in the first trimester are boring anyways, but you should take at least one while you're still little for comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Congratulations! :)

    http://cbijicollection.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...