Monday, April 29, 2013

This is a good thing!!

First of all, no, I still don't have a single darn picture of my pregnant self. Or anyone/anything else for that matter. I have been to a few events lately that would have made for some great pictures. We did a gender reveal party at my office and with my church small group, we had a birthday lunch at my grandparent's house for my aunt and cousin, and I had a sweet little brunch with girls from church on Saturday. But...I either forgot my camera or lugged it around and managed to not take a single picture for any of these events!! I guess I will say that I was too in the moment to bother with pictures. But it's made me not want to blog because I want cute pictures to go with everything I say. Like the gender reveal...I want to tell you! But shouldn't I have a cutesy picture to go with it? At the very least, a picture of one of the cupcakes we made filled with appropriate colored frosting. But just how long am I going to put this thing off, huh? So, here it is...


WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!! :)

Yep, that's right! And now I can officially refer to this quickly growing little one in my belly as Grayson. :) I'm further blown away by God's amazing blessings in our life right now because Scott and I both got new jobs!! We will both be academic advisors at Georgia Southern...different departments though. I'm SO thrilled! This is exactly what we both wanted. I'll be working with Literature, Philosophy, and Writing majors, which is perfect b/c I was an English major and Writing minor in my undergrad here. It'll be like going home, in a way. :) The timing is absolutely perfect in so many ways and it will be SUCH a blessing to our household! I'm still in awe of God's provision and love.

Last update (and what I initially meant for this post to be about)...I'm gaining weight. Duh, I'm pregnant. But if you've been reading for a while, you'll know that weight loss was a huge focus of mine a couple years back. I lost 20 pounds over the course of 2 years, and it was no easy feat. I have been pleased with my weight for a while now. But now when I weigh myself, I'm gradually gaining. And it's the craziest thing because I have to continue telling myself this is a good thing!!! 

Isn't it funny how twisted our minds become around weight and body image? So much so that I cannot celebrate my blossoming baby bump and the healthy growing baby inside me because I'm self-conscious about my weight! I'm not even gaining too much weight. I'm 16 weeks and I've gained a total of 5 pounds so far. That's awesome! Right on track. But now that I'm in the second trimester, it's recommended that I gain about a pound a week. Which is totally normal because the baby is doubling in size in the next 4 weeks! But I can't help but feel a little twinge of panic when that number goes up on the scale or my bump looks more like fat in some outfits on certain days.

I know. It's awful. I'm crazy. I'm SO thankful for my sweet baby and I'm excited that he's growing and is healthy. And I realize the belly is all part of it. I guess I'm just so worried about gaining TOO much, that even the normal amount seems scary to me. But I have been trying to eat right (for the most part) and have still been working out consistently. I'm doing all that I can to stay healthy and fit and do this thing right. So I just need to RELAX and let my body do what it's designed to do!!

Any other momma's out there who can relate?

~Christy

1 comment:

  1. SO excited you're having a boy!!
    I've never EVER been one to step on the scale and watch my weight over the years. There were times that I felt like I needed to tone up more, but never "lose weight" The only time I've been regularly weighed was when I was pregnant. That being said, I dreaded stepping on the scale at each appointment. I knew I really didn't care, but at the same time, it scared me to watch the weight go up. Even though that's exactly what's supposed to happen! I guess the pressure that society puts on women to look a certain way, be a certain weight, etc gets to you even if you don't realize it. So it was hard in the beginning but at the end you won't even care. You'll step on the scale, let the number in one ear and out the other, and then beg them to get that sweet baby out of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...