Friday, January 30, 2015

Lately...

Praying for:
+ Scott & Grayson and our little family as a whole :)
+ This is probably bad, but I realize in writing this that I'm not consistently praying for any one thing or person lately, other than my immediate family. I can think of a lot of hurting people in my life, but to say I'm actually praying for them would be a lie. I guess for today, I will pray that I have more of a heart for those prayer requests and will actually turn to the Lord in praise and petitions. 

Working on:
+ Preparing for fall advisement -- I start next week!
+ Reviewing everything for my seniors, making sure they are good to graduate this semester.
+ eating healthier foods and trying out tasty new recipes each week
+ revising our budget with our smaller paychecks (since getting more insurance this year). We meet with the financial coach at our church this afternoon to go over everything!
+ a living will. It's long overdue and something that was actually on my summer to-do list last year, but it just never happened. We have all the information and the paperwork; we just need to sit down and fill it all out!

Hoping for: 
+ Grayson's newly developed cold to go away quickly!

Recently:
+ visited my best friend and walked around Providence Canyon and Uptown Columbus
 + Scott has been insanely busy lately with school, work, and his obligations leading one of the worship teams at a our church and leading our church small group. Mostly I've just been trying to keep up with his crazy schedule! Not much else has been going on lately! I think we're still taking it easy after the particularly busy holiday season. 

Reading: 
+ Stolen: The True Story of a Sex Trafficking Survivor by Katariina Rosenblatt and Cecil Murphey (my grandpa!) - so far it's very good! I'm a little more than halfway through. The first half of the book documents Kat's early teen life, her history of sexual abuse, and her repeated fall into the life of drugs and sex trafficking. Now, the book is taking a turn and Kat is sharing about her conversion to Christianity and how God saved her from that lifestyle. I can tell this is going to be a super encouraging book. It's not easy to read because you're constantly reminded that this is real life, but I think it's important for us to remember the very real hurting that is happening in our fallen world.
+ The Power of Habit - our office book club has been on a hiatus since before the holidays, but I just start reading this again this week. 
+ The Bible - specifically, Scott and I are alternating between 1 Kings and Mark during our combined study time. When reading on my own, I'm currently reading through Acts. Last night in small group we spent a fair amount of time in Romans. 
+ lots of children's books! Grayson LOVES books! Seriously, he likes them more than toys. :)

Watching:
+ We are caught up on the current season of Nashville, and we're impatiently waiting for the next episode to air! 
+ picking back up with Parenthood since we were exclusively on the Nashville train for a while there!
+ still occasionally watching the most recent season of The Voice. Maybe one day we'll finish it. Or they'll just finally take it off Hulu Plus. 

Listening to:
+ At this very moment, my Pandora is playing "Call Me Maybe." I'm not really listening to anything specific these days. I keep Pandora on shuffle, right now between Worship/Contemporary Christian, Andy Grammer, Taylor Swift, and One Republic. 
+ Still rocking out to TSwift's 1989 in the car :)

Laughing About:
+ I say this every time, but Grayson. Seriously. This kid is hilarious! I've been saying from the start that he has a great sense of humor, but it only becomes more evident as he grows in his ability to do and say more things. Being a mom is so much fun! :) And now, some pictures for cuteness! 


What have YOU been up to lately?

~Christy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...