Friday, April 17, 2015

Dessert for Breakfast + a ridiculously late weekend review

Do y'all ever want dessert for breakfast? It's not that far fetched since about 90% of typical breakfast foods are basically dessert masquerading as a legitimate meal choice (donuts, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pancakes with syrup...). But do you ever want that breakfast dessert to also be healthy? Well, my friends, the smoothie I had for breakfast this morning is the one for you! I drank this bad boy in like 3 minutes! Sucked it down before Grayson woke up so I wouldn't have to share! ha! Didn't take a picture because...no time...too busy drinking it!! ha! But I get a lot of questions from friends about my smoothies, which I have for breakfast every morning Mon-Fri, so I thought I would share this particularly tasty one for those of us with a sweet tooth, even in the morning! :)

Ingredients (I don't really measure for smoothies...sorry!):
ice
2 Tbs of plain Greek yogurt
a little less than 2 Tbs of natural peanut butter (could use any kind of nut butter)
a squeeze of raw honey
chia seeds
cilantro
parsley
spinach (and/or kale)
skim milk (would prefer coconut milk, but I was out!)
1 Tbs of unrefined, organic coconut oil
unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ripe banana

**If I had anymore frozen fruit left, I would have included berries as well. Supplies start running low by Friday!**

I know what you're thinking. Um...parsley, spinach, cilantro?!?! Yeah. All of it. Those are regulars in my smoothies. You honestly can't really taste it, except for a hint of cilantro. I've grown to like the taste, but you should definitely go easy on that one b/c it does have a strong flavor. But load up on spinach or kale because you really can't taste it and it's a great way to get in a super food veggie! Trust me, it's delish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, for last weekend's review! I figured I better write about it before this weekend comes and goes. We have a lot of plans this time too, so I don't want to miss the opportunity to talk about the fun we had last weekend!

Last weekend Scott's parents came to visit, and we went to the Georgia Southern baseball game. It was Grayson's first baseball game and he loved it! He loves balls and clapping, so he was thrilled to watch them throw balls and get to clap and cheer along with the crowd. :) He was so well-behaved and adorable the whole time. Scott's work paid for free tickets for employees and their guests! We thought they were just paying for Scott and we expected to have to pay for the rest of us and sit in the regular stands. When we got there, we discovered that all our tickets were covered and we were in a VIP room! There was free food and drinks and we had our own section of stands that were covered and had fans. It was perfect! We didn't have to worry about Grayson getting too hot, and he ate grapes the whole time. :)









On Sunday, we all went to church together and then Scott's parents went home. We went grocery shopping, Grayson napped and Scott & I watched Gone Girl on DVD. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging out and playing with Grayson outside. It was a great weekend! :)

This weekend we are looking forward to more visits from family, dinner with friends, and our first date since Thanksgiving. Eek! :)

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...