Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Weekend Review

It's not too late to do a weekend review, is it? No? Okay, good! :)

We had such a great weekend this past week! Lately our weekends have been full of weird obligations and errands and traveling, so this weekend at home, with the perfect combination of fun/relaxing/productivity was just what I needed!

Friday evening I played outside with Grayson for a while and let him stay up a little past bedtime because we were having so much fun! I taught him how to blow dandelions, which he thought was great! He was a bit frustrated that other flowers wouldn't disappear when he blew on them though! haha! After Grayson went to bed, Scott and I made homemade pizza and watched The Voice with my brother. I think I fell asleep on the couch, which I do sometimes. :)

Saturday morning we woke up around 7 AM (thanks, Grayson!), Scott made pancakes and eggs, and then Grayson hung out with me while I got ready for the day and Scott cleaned up the kitchen. At 10, Grayson and I headed to the park to meet up with some friends. There were 4 mommies and 4 kiddos, ages 23 months, 18 months, 6 months, and 11 weeks! I was a little bummed that I spent most of the time chasing Grayson around instead of catching up with my friends who were busy snuggling their babies at the picnic table, but at least I got to do some run-by chatting with the friend of the 23 month old! And I did manage to occupy Grayson with bubbles for a while so I could hang out with everyone at the table.

Grayson and I headed home at noon. Scott did a ton of yard work while we were gone and the yard looks awesome now! It had gotten really bad, and now it's so much more pleasant to hang out and play in our yard! :) I put Grayson down for a nap, ran out and got some lunch for me and Scott, and spent the next couple hours just hanging out with Scott.

When Grayson woke from his nap, he and I went to the library for about an hour while Scott worked on some homework. Yes, he is taking classes again! He's finishing another BA degree--this one in Spanish! We're so excited that he'll be finished this summer and we can stop sharing him with school!!

Shamefully, I had never been to our public library, despite having lived here for almost 11 years! I'm too excited about checking out books and not having to stress out about spending money on books every time I want to read something! And Grayson had such a great time walking around, flipping through random books, and choosing 3 books to take home with us. He chose If You Take a Mouse to School (like a longer, more detailed version of his all-time favorite Time for School, Mouse!), Pete the Cat's Wheels on the Bus (he loves to point out PETE and BUS!), and Mr. Seahorse by Eric Carle. That book doesn't capture his interest quite as much as the others, but he likes the pictures. We've read each book several times already, and I would guess we'll read them another hundred times before taking them back in a week or so.






Not great pictures, but I had to take some! :)

After our fun trip to the library, we headed back home to pick up Scott, then went grocery shopping (I told you there was some productivity involved!). Womp, womp. But we make the most of shopping together as a family! Grayson has to approve everything we buy, which means we hand it to him, he looks over it and then tosses it into the cart! :)

I don't remember the details of Saturday night, which must mean we just watched Grey's Anatomy and ate ice cream! ha!

Sunday morning we woke up early since both Scott and I were serving at church. Those mornings are always hectic and I'm always late, but it's okay. It's still worth it because the reason I'm late is extra snuggle and play time with Grayson in bed before getting up for the day. :)

Church was awesome, as always, and then we headed back home. I made Grayson and myself a big brunch of eggs and toast. Scott was still at church because he was leading worship for the second service. I put Grayson down for a nap around noon and then I headed to bed for a nap of my own. I woke up about an hour and a half later with Scott laying next to me. :) Looks like we all managed a bit of a nap!

We made quasadillas for lunch and then settled in for our Sunday afternoon movie. We watched Hachi: A Dog's Tale. Grayson liked it because it was about a dog and he was so cute saying "Haaachi!" every time he saw the dog. :) Grayson had popcorn for the first time (we were very careful about what pieces he got and we watched him closely!). He loved it! He is totally his daddy's child!





After the movie, we played outside for about an hour. Grayson actually kept his sunglasses on the whole time, which was a first! Playing outside with Grayson is so fun these days! He's very interested in exploring and discovering new things, whether they are flowers, bees, sweet gums, rocks, or pine cones!

We ended the night by putting Grayson to bed, making a delicious dinner of roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, and broccoli, and curling up on the couch with a glass of wine and watching TV.

No, it wasn't action-packed or overly thrilling, but it was the perfect weekend in my book! I look forward to many more like it, God willing! :)


2 comments:

  1. I love the Statesboro library! Really, I just love Statesboro, if I'm being honest ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! I'm looking forward to make the library one of our regular weekend activities! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...