Thursday, March 15, 2012

What's new with my weight? Glad you asked!

I know it's been a while since I've blogged about my weight. This time last year it was practically all I was writing about. I lost 10 pounds last year in only 2 months, and I was hoping to just keep dropping weight like a mad woman and be super slim by Christmas. Yeah...that didn't happen! I fluctuated around for the remainder of the year, and by New Years, I was within 4 pounds of my original weight.

Thankfully, I started eating better and working out as soon as I got back home from the holidays and dropped the extra weight within only a couple weeks. But even so, I was about 152.

My best friend Hayley & I decided to keep an accountability chart, keeping track of our workouts, meals, and weight loss. I was doing this back in September in my own personal "food journal," but I quickly stopped keeping up with that. Now that I share the information with someone, I feel much more accountable for what I do and eat. We are on our 3rd month of doing this. We've both managed to lose some weight. I've lost about 6 or 7 pounds total, which is really not a lot in 2 months time. There has been some fluctuation from week to week. Mostly because of special events like birthdays and weddings (speaking of, I have a wedding this weekend!) which offer tempting, fattening food. But the good news is, neither of us have given up. Which is more than I can say about myself last year. By this time last year, I had decided to take a break before going for another 10 pound loss. And I never really picked it back up. But I feel like Hayley & I are both pretty devoted, and will be sticking this thing out!

My current weight is 146! I haven't weighed less than 150 in at least 3 years, maybe more. Growing up I was always thin, generally weighing around 115-120...though there was one year in high school I got up to 140! But I managed to lose 20 pounds in 1 summer. Don't know how I did that craziness! Apparently back then all it took was some light jogging and eating less Pringles! Now I feel like it's a constant battle.

But I feel amazing! My clothes all sag and hang off of me. And while it's not always the most attractive look, I still feel really good about myself. My clothes are not all very flattering, but I know it's because they're too big. And that feeling is 1,000 times better than the opposite--having unflattering clothes b/c they're too small. And I've been there SO many times. I'm actually relishing the fact that I can pull down every single pair of pants I own without even unbuttoning them! ha! One day I'll buy some new ones. Part of me is scared to do it in case I gain the weight back. Granted, I could just keep the old ones. Also I want to wait until I feel more like I'm plateauing so that I don't have to turn around and buy MORE in just a couple months. I just bought all my work pants in December...and now they're all too big. I don't really want to spend the money on new pants so soon after buying these. And I suppose I could get them altered, but I've never done that. Have y'all? Is the process fairly easy and inexpensive?? Or should I just suck it up and buy new pants?

Anyway, that's what up with me and my weight! Hopefully tomorrow I will see that I've lost even more! :)


Christmas 2010...probably weighing around 164ish

New Years 2012...probably around 155
This is crazy for a blogger to say...but I don't have any recent pictures of me!! 
But I look thinner than the picture above now! 
I will have to take a picture soon! :)
~Christy~

2 comments:

  1. Good job, girl! I am so proud of you! I don't think we'll ever drop weight the way we did in high school. The metabolism just isn't that great anymore :) Ha ha! But the most important thing is that you DON'T give up. Keep working out and keeping track of you food intake. But don't beat yourself up if you have some treats! We need those treats long the way :) As long as you keep working out in the long run you will lost more weight and reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! So proud of you!! I have gained about ten "happy marriage" pounds that I would love to drop!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...