Friday, March 9, 2012

I've Got the Hunger

I know I can't be the only one who's ACHING for The Hunger Games movie to come out on March 23rd. I decided, to get ready and excited, I would re-read the book. A few days in and I only have a few chapters to go (it's been a busy week, otherwise I could have read that junk in just a day or two!). I'm no less addicted to it than I was when I first read it a year ago. My heart is completely wrapped up in the drama and suspense. It is SUCH an emotional book. And I'm not just talking about love triangles (though those are pretty enticing, too). This book is full of complex feelings--about love, justice, family, freedom, responsibility, life, and of course, death. I've been staying up past my bedtime every  night just eating up this novel, and I literally feel like bouncing I'm so excited for the movie to come out. I just hope it comes close to being as good as the book.



If you haven't read it, climb out from under the rock you've been living in and read it. Now. Before the movie. Don't be one of those people who just waits for the movie and claims that it's better b/c it didn't involve any reading. If 11 year olds can read this book, so can you. You won't regret it. I promise!

Okay, well if you're not sold on that...watch the trailer and YES--see the movie! Then we can talk about if it lived up to the hype. Also, check out this spoof the Muppets did for Hunger Games. Did y'all see the newest Muppets movie? No??? Okay, you need to get your Netflix queued or put it on a to-do list for visiting Red Box. It was amazing.

The end. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNxb28j5C1w&ob=av3e (for some reason Youtube won't let me embed .)

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/07/the-muppets-take-on-hunger-games/

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait! It will be my first film in the movie theater here in Holland. Apparently the premiere here says the 21st, which makes zero sense because: 1. We never get movies before the States and mostly never get them even in the same month. 2. I haven't seen any commercials for it.(actually, this is not that weird they don't show commercials for films until the week they come out here). Anyway I am ready to do this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read these, but I want to! I definitely want to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...