Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hunger Games + New Pics!

I saw Hunger Games. I loved it! 
I felt like the actors were amazing, so many things were just as I imagined them.
I think a lot of this is because Suzanne Collins (the author) was involved as director and producer.
So, if we envisioned it differently...we were wrong! ha!
Some things were different. They have to be. And some things were left out. 
Movies can never really be as good as books.
But this one was pretty darn close!
I especially liked the behind-the-scenes look at the Gamemakers
and the commentary by Caesar and Claudius. 
I felt like these additions really helped us understand everything,
without being able to read Katniss's thoughts, which is basically what the book is.
The scene of The Reaping was one of the best.
I felt like the ending was rushed, and lacked the sense of urgency and desperation you felt in the book.
I didn't feel the emotional confusion with Peeta as much as I did in the book.
The cave scene is my favorite part of the book, and I felt that they rushed through it.
I didn't feel the inner turmoil about Peeta and Gale that I did in the book.
I hope I feel that more in the second movie. I think I felt it more in the second book anyway.
Jennifer Lawrence is awesome.
Liam Hemsworth is HOTTTT (though I'm technically a Team Peeta fan!)
And despite some outrageous and upsetting complaints about the casting of Rue, Thresh, and Cinna...
I thought they were all perfect. 
And it makes me sad that people are that racist.
And I feel bad for those actors who have to hear these remarks
instead of comments on how great they were in their roles.

Have YOU seen Hunger Games yet?
What are you waiting for???

Oh, PS--here are some recent pictures of me, as promised! :)
Forgive the poor camera quality.





~Christy~

2 comments:

  1. I reaaally wanna see this and you have totally convinced me. You and your man look so great together!

    Antoinette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just started to read the first book last night... i can't wait to see the movie. gotta get through the book though!!! :) glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...