Friday, November 9, 2012

Goals...

I admit that I'm only writing today b/c it's been a week since I last posted, and one of my 27 before 27 goals was to blog at least once a week. Bad reason to blog, yes. But I'm doing it anyway!

Speaking of my goals, I think I'm doing pretty well with most of them. I need to break out the fall decor now that all the Halloweeny stuff is safely boxed away until next year. Losing weight has not been easy. I know I said only three measly little pounds to help buffer the holidays, but it turns out the holidays are a mightier opponent than I accounted for. Even with working out several times a week, it's not enough to battle the Halloween candy, the pumpkin spice desserts, and all the other unhealthy goodies and meals that come with the holidays. And it's not even Thanksgiving yet! Fortunately my gain has been minimal. Some weeks I have lost weight, but I usually gain it back the following week. I guess as long as I don't gain 10 pounds this year I'll be okay. I want to keep wearing these size 6 jeans!! And even though most of my dress pants, even after having them altered a few months ago, look like clown pants...I'm not looking to growing back into them!

Other than that, I think I'm well on my way to meeting most of my goals. I don't think we'll be painting the fireplace after all...but I think that's because we're going to paint the walls instead. I'm loving gray walls these days and want to paint my whole house in shades of gray (50 is probably too many!) (no, I haven't read those books!) (okay, enough side notes!). But a whole house of gray walls sounds depressing. I know if I decorate appropriately it won't be, but I'm not always the best at decorating. Especially now when time and money is tight. Anyway. That all is to say...I'm not painting the fireplace! Now look at some pretty, pretty gray walls... :)

Source: bhg.com via Christy on Pinterest

Source: houzz.com via Christy on Pinterest


Source: westelm.com via Christy on Pinterest


I applied for my first full-time job yesterday! I have no idea if I'll even get an interview, but I'm excited that I'm officially trying. Speaking of trying...I'm out of pills! Still not actually "trying" yet. But soon. Probably soon. Probably. (I may need more convincing now that the time is finally upon me!)
Scott's family is coming to visit this weekend. I'm super excited! We always have a great time. And his dad is playing bass in our band at church. This will be the first time that he'll be playing when I'll also be singing. We'll be like the von Trapps! haha!

I guess that's it for these Friday ramblings! I have met my quota! ha!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! :)

~Christy~

3 comments:

  1. I love grey walls right now, too! I am on the hunt for the perfect grey for the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lik the 27 before 27 - I should do that! And good luck on your interview :)

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to tell you...it's officially eating season! All diets and workput regimens are schedul to resume January first :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...