Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012! :)

So I know I said we were planning to dress as Men in Black since I had to wear a suit the latter part of the day on Halloween (working at a Career Fair), but my wonderfully creative hubby decided on Friday that we should go as Peter Pan and Wendy. I laughed at him at first b/c I didn't think we would be able to pull it off. Was he going to wear tights?!?! But he insisted that it should be easy enough. We went to Goodwill Saturday morning, and...it was!



We bought my night gown, Scott's green slacks and green polo from Goodwill. Then we went to Hobby Lobby and bought some ribbon to tie around my gown and put a bow in my hair, and some felt and a feather to make Scott's hat. Then we went to Wal-Mart where I bought the long johns and slippers. :) Boom! Done!

We went to Scare in the Square in downtown Statesboro (where above pictures were taken) and we had a few people ask if they could take our picture. We even had one family ask if we would take one with their daughter who was dressed as Tinker Bell!


Some friends of ours wanted to dress up, but didn't know what to do. We had some pirate costumes at church from a series we did with the kids, so they borrowed those and were Captain and Mrs Hook (who is also pregnant by the way!)


the court house at Scare in the Square
After the party on the square, we went back to our house and had hot chocolate and popcorn and watched a few episodes of "Scared Shrekless" (a couple of our friends had their daughter with them so it had to be family friendly).

Yesterday, for actual Halloween, we had a party in my office and Scott's office had a costume contest for the whole campus. We have actually won before, but this year we sadly did not. However I still feel I can cross "come up with an awesome Halloween costume that could win the contest" off my 27 before 27 list.



In the afternoon I had to change into my suit and work a Career Fair on campus. I was so exhausted after all that, we decided not to go out last night. We stayed home, cooked homemade veggie pizzas, had a glass of wine and a few pieces of candy, and watched Psycho while we waited for trick or treaters to come around. Unfortunately we only had 3 small groups of kids show up, and most of them weren't even wearing costumes! But I was still pretty excited to hand out candy for the first time in my own home! :) We even had some kids tell us they like our house, which was sweet. And they were super excited that we have the good candy! I figured we might have some left over, so might as well buy stuff we like!

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween, too! Now...on to Thanksgiving my birthday, and Christmas, please! :)

~Christy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...