Thursday, November 15, 2012

Things I'm only just now thinking about...

I know there has been a lot of talk around here about possibly getting pregnant soon. Sorry. But it's about to continue.

These are the things I've thought about this week:
  • I need new work clothes since I'm applying for big girl jobs. Should I spend money on a lot of new clothes if those same clothes may not fit me in a few months?
  • Wine! Holiday dinners without wine?!?! Graduation celebrations without wine?? I know it's very sad that this is even a potential problem. It's not like I'm addicted; I just really like wine!
  • Am I the weight I want to be right now? I know I won't be able to vigorously work out once I get pregnant. Will I get really fat? I'm not worried about a giant baby bump...just a giant everything else. I'm scared I'll use my pregnancy as an excuse to not workout and to eat as much as I want. And I was really hoping I would be a tiny bit thinner before I got pregnant. And my core! I need to workout my core first!! I'm just a tad concerned about all this!
  • I tend to have digestive issues and I have a bladder condition that causes painful spasms. I'm terrified that pregnancy will make these conditions much worse. 
  • and the age old concern of will I keep working after I have the baby. You know all about my concerns. But I just won't know until I know. I'm going to continue on until then with pursuing a career and finding something that I love to do. I'll plan to come back to work. And if I have to change my plans later, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess. 
  • And what if none of this even matters because what if I have a hard time getting pregnant? Or what if I have a miscarriage? These are scary thoughts that I try not to dwell on. I just have to trust that God is in control and His plan is perfect.
Pretty nursery...I'm obsessed with the gray stripes. Yes, there I go with the gray walls again! :)
What I'm NOT worried about:
  • Being financially ready. Don't get me wrong. We are NOT financially ready. Who is? I'm just over waiting for that to happen! I know God will provide and we are obedient with our money. We'll make it work!
  • Being good parents
  • How this will change my relationship with Scott
And I think those are three very important concerns. I can deal with all the worries and stress of all the other details as they come up. But as long as we are emotionally ready and we know we will stick together and love each other no matter what happens in the process, that is all I really care about. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful week and are as ready for Thanksgiving as I am! (And for now, wine is still on the table! ha!)

~Christy~

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy is definitely a scary thing, especially after suffering a miscarriage, but it is SO beautiful and God knows when y'all are ready!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...