Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Blog Challenge

I'm taking a cue from Jenni at Story of my Life and taking the Blog Everyday in May challenge. You can find the rules on her blog here.

This will certainly be a challenge for me as I have a lot of big things coming up in May including, but not limited to, my husband graduating with his master's, my niece's birthday, my sister's birthday, preparing for my new job which starts June 3rd, and continuing to prepare our home for Baby Grayson. :) So, I'll probably be using free time to schedule posts in advance. In fact, I'm getting a head start and actually writing this on April 29th! Hooray for getting ahead in life! ha!

So here is Day One: Your Life Story in 250 Words or Less (please forgive my fragments!)


I was born in Riverdale, GA. 
My brother was born when I was 5. 
Me and the bro. Thanksgiving 2012
Parents divorced when I was 6. Moved to Gwinnett County with mom and her new husband when I was 7. 
My sister was born when I was 10. 
Christmas 2012
My best friends lived in my neighborhood and I spent all my free time outside. We played a lot of games, walked around the block constantly, and took turns dating the boys in the neighborhood. Those are still some of my best friends to this day. 
Me, Hayley, & Kaitlin
High School graduation

Hayley & Kaitlin -- Hayley's HS grad party

Me and Amanda...not sure what year!
I fell in love with the boy across the street. Moved to Statesboro to attend Georgia Southern University. Left the boy across the street after meeting Scott, my friend’s brother.

Camping on our 1-year dating anniversary. Sept. 2008

Graduated with a BA in English. 
Sister-in-law, her husband, me, and Scott 2008
Married Scott in 2009. 



Fell in love with Jesus in September 2009 and gave my life to Him. Started going to Connection Church and becoming a part of the Body of Christ. Was baptized with my husband in 2011. 


Received my master’s in counseling in student services in higher education.



Was blessed with a baby boy, who will be born October 2013.


Was offered the perfect job as an academic advisor for English and Writing students at GSU, which I start in June. And the best is yet to come!

~Christy~

5 comments:

  1. Awesome, I was baptised in 2011 too. Such an amazing thing to do :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! It was definitely time for me to publicly declare my devotion to Jesus through baptism. We actually did "spontaneous' baptisms that day (altar call at the end, no one knew in advance we would be doing them that day) and over 50 people at my church decided to do it. It was so awesome being able to be baptized the same day as my husband! :)

      Delete
  2. Great post for the first day of this blog challenge, I like how you included lots of photos along the way. Your life story is much more interesting than mine that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...