Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Not Bad, 2011. Not bad at all!

2011 was a great year. It definitely had it's ups and downs and bumps in the road. There was no shortage of family drama, as usual, and there have been some deaths and tragedies along the way as well. But overall, I would say God blessed me abundantly in 2011. Last year I made a list (a LONG list) of resolutions. So, I'll go through those to see which ones I actually did. But before that...other things I'm proud of/loved about 2011:


  • Losing 10 pounds in 2 months (now if only I can do that again!)

  • Getting all A's and surviving Practicum
  • Landing my dream internship for this semester in the First Year Experience office at Georgia Southern University.
  • Disney World!

  • seeing more of my sister

  • Finding more ways to serve and be involved in our church
  • seeing my best friend Hayley and her sweet baby more often

  • growing closer to God and closer to my husband (who even knew we could be closer??) :)
Okay, here's the list from last year. I've put in italics whether or not I met them. 

1. Eat more veggies! –I would say, yes. But I could still do better.
2. drink more water. –I’m not sure why I even did this one. Water is basically all I drink!
3. search for more alternative recipes for some of our favorite dishes (ie, whole wheat pasta and breads, fat free sour cream, egg substitute, etc...) – definitely yes! I’ve found what I like and what isn’t worth messing with. Still always up for a new, healthy recipe though!
4. find more ways to be physical throughout the day (walk around every 30 minutes at work, lift weights while watching TV, always take the stairs vs. the elevator, etc...) –eh…more or less. Mostly less…
5. do more physical activities for fun, like riding bikes, taking walks, dancing, etc... –I’ve done some fun and physical things, but not as much as I should.
6. spend more time outside. –Yes, I feel like I’ve definitely done that. Though I do tend to hide in the AC during the deathly heat of summer.
7. visit family more often. –yes. There are always more people that I wish I could see more often, but I think I’ve done a pretty good job seeing as many people as possible.
8. hang out with friends more often. –definitely yes! When we have a free weekend, we usually fill it with friends!
9. Spend more time with God. –Absolutely! I get up 30 minutes early every day to read the Bible, pray, and journal. Of course I can always spend MORE time with God, and my time could be more meaningful. But I’m pleased that I’ve kept this up for almost a whole year and have no intentions of stopping.
10. Continue paying off my student loans each month, even though I don't have to since I'm still in school. –within reason. Some months it just isn’t possible. But I did make a few payments.
11. Find ways to give more, whether it be with money, time, possessions, etc... –this is another one that could always be better, but I’m pleased that we are giving more than 10% each month and finding ways to serve regularly for the Kingdom.
12. Read more books! –definitely, yes! I feel like I read a lot last year! Really good stuff, too! Hunger Games, The Help, Water for Elephants, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Lipstick in Afghanistan, Jane Eyre, etc…
13. Do at least one project around the house a month. –I started out strong on this one, but fell behind about halfway through the year. But I think our house looks really nice and we’ve made a lot of improvements.
14. Make all A's each semester –done!
15. and lastly--write more. –no, definitely not. Maybe one day…

And here are some plans for 2012! 
I'm not making a long list of resolutions this year,
but just a few things that I hope to see happen. :)

  • Continue to get all A's, survive both sets of internships, and GRADUATE in December! 
  • Blog more!!! (I can dream, huh?)
  •  Lose 10 pounds, per usual!
  • Buy a house!!!!
  • Put a baby in my belly! :) We're hoping to get pregnant towards the end of the year so that I'll be done with school before having the baby.
  • Spend even more, genuine, time with God and learn to love Him and others even more!
I have a lot of recapping to do from the holidays! I realize I'm doing things a little out of order. But here's a teaser for what's to come (or for what already happened...however you want to look at it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...