Monday, January 23, 2012

Feelin' Good!

Ready for some good news?

*I lost 4.4 pounds last week! Yes, I'm trying to get back on that losing weight and being healthy wagon! I took a little hiatus for the months of November & December, and boy did I pay for it! But I've been doing much better this month. My best friend Hayley and I have created a Google Doc spreadsheet to keep track of what we eat each day and how much we exercise. It's a great way to hold each other accountable, and it really is helping me. I have actually mustered up the motivation to work out, and the self-control to turn down a cookie, just because I knew I would have to write it all down. And not just write it down, but have someone else look at it. I highly suggest it, as long as you trust yourself not to cheat!!

*Scott is still trying to sell his motorcycle to help pay for the down payment on whatever house we end up buying. As a sort of last resort, we took it to the dealer on Saturday just to see what they would offer, assuming it would be highway robbery. We were pleased to find out that they would buy it for a decent amount, OR would sell it for us and only take 10% for themselves. So, hopefully they have some luck selling it. If not, we know we can get a fair amount from them for it. One step closer to a house!

*I had an awesome weekend hanging out with some good friends, enjoying a balance of rest and productivity, and leading worship at church for the kids. I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but Scott & I now lead worship for the 1st through 5th graders at church. I sing and he plays guitar and sings. We also have a friend on the drums, and another friend who does hand motions for the kids to follow along and get excited. This week I felt like was especially good. We had about 3 kids up at the front of the room jumping up and down in excitement. It's so awesome to serve God in this way and see kids get amped up about worship!

*I recently discovered how much I love The Big Bang Theory. Hey, that's good news, right? :)

PS--Sorry there are no pictures. I decided to stop pressuring myself to have a picture for every post, meaning I was carrying my camera around at all times, trying to capture the moments instead of just enjoying them. I know it's less exciting for y'all, but I think the living part is still more important than the sharing part. Hope you can forgive. :)

Happy Monday!

~Christy~

1 comment:

  1. All those things are great, but I just had to say that YES Big Bang Theory is awesome!

    We just got hooked on Modern Family. So funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...