Thursday, September 5, 2013

35 Weeks!!

It's hard to believe I'm already 35 weeks! 
Only 5 more weeks until I reach the due date, 
and only 2 more weeks until I'm technically considered "full term." 
Crazy pants!

34 weeks

35 Weeks (this week)


Baby Grayson Updates:
+ I'm wondering if he's dropped, or maybe in the process. I've started having a lot of pressure and pain in my hips. Although I still have trouble breathing which is supposed to ease up when he drops, so I'm not so sure. I have a doctor appointment this afternoon so maybe they can tell me.
+ He's still pretty active, but not as much as before. I think he's running out of room!
+According to Baby Center, he's about the size of a honeydew melon now. Big boy!

Mommy Updates:
+ As I mentioned, hip pain! Oh goodness the hip pain! It didn't really get bad until this week.
Now it hurts to walk, sleep, put on pants... pretty much anything but sitting up right. 
+ I had to break down and buy more maternity clothes. Both outfits above are new. :)
+ I wake up multiple times to pee at night. I also have a pharmacy regime that happens sometime in the middle of the night... a couple Tums, some nasal spray b/c I'm always congested at night, some lotion on my itchy belly, and sometimes a dose of Tylenol (a necessity the last two nights!)
+ I'm still working out, mostly doing prenatal yoga and pilates. As much as I don't want to do it some days, I do think it helps with the pain.
+ Taking walks is not really fun at all anymore. Along with the hip pain, difficulty breathing, and the fact that it's 100+ degrees outside, I have terrible bladder spasms from my condition (IC) and I think I've even started having Braxton Hicks contractions. I'm not fully convinced that's what it is, but my belly gets really tight and sometimes sore, like a cramp. Then it goes away. It happens more when I'm walking in the heat.
+ I've had two baby showers in the last two weeks and they were both awesome! We got so many nice gifts and it was so much fun to hang out with family and friends and celebrate Baby Grayson! :)
+ I think I'm noticing some slight (very slight!) swelling in my ankles now. 
+ I'm getting super excited about meeting this little boy, and I'm starting to hope that I don't go a full 40 weeks.
+ Speaking of, I asked Grayson when he thought his birthday would be. I counted off some dates and he started going nuts when I said October 5th. We shall see! :)
+ The nursery is coming along more and more! I'll be sure to post pictures of the final product. 

Hope all is well with you guys! I'm hoping for some good results and updates at the doctor this afternoon. Other than that, just making it through each day as best I can. Prayers are greatly appreciated! :)

~Christy~


1 comment:

  1. You're definitely having Braxton Hicks contractions! They're the weirdest feeling, and I can't imagine how different they'll feel when there is actual pain involved and not just tightening. I love reading your updates! Congrats on getting so close to full-term...you're almost there! Can't wait to see your baby boy. Maybe one day when I'm in the 'Boro with Lucy we can meet up and have a mommy date :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...