Wednesday, September 18, 2013

37 Weeks!

It's official. I'm full term! 
I could technically go into labor at any time and the doctors would not try to stop it or slow it down.
Of course, Grayson could still put off his arrival for another 5 weeks or so.
I'm hoping he doesn't feel the need to wait that long, though!


Baby Grayson Updates:
+ I had a doctor appointment a couple days ago, and all is still well!
+ He's head down and ready to go!
+ He has dropped further into my pelvis, increasing the pressure I feel there, but I have more room for breathing and eating, which is always a plus!
+ Heart rate is still strong and steady.
+ He's about 6.5 pounds. He's not measuring as far ahead as he used to, which is a good thing. This means he's much less likely to be 10 pounds at birth! We're still thinking around 8.
+ We discovered the protruding body part from my right side is actually his feet, not his bottom. I just thought bottom because it felt so big and round, but I guess I'm just feeling the roundness of my belly and uterus. But he still LOVES stretching out and kicking me there.
+ My amniotic fluid is measuring just fine, so no need to worry about inducing at this point. If I reach my due date before going into labor I'll have another ultrasound to make sure he still has enough fluid in there. If he does, they'll let me go up to 2 weeks past my due date before inducing. 

Mommy Updates:
+ Braxton Hicks contractions are getting more frequent and more intense, particularly since yesterday afternoon. No other signs of labor so I don't think this is the real thing, but it is making it more challenging to get up and go to work when I'm dealing with painful cramping every hour or so.
+ The swelling in my hands and feet has increased (which is perfectly normal), and I have one toe that is starting to feel kind of numb. :/ The doctor says this is also normal. Fun times.
+ Our meeting with our doula was AWESOME! I'm so excited to have her there during labor and delivery! She taught us some great labor positions and some techniques/massages that Scott can do throughout. She also gave me some tips about ways to get prepared. 
+ I finished my birth plan and showed the doctor. All my requests were deemed reasonable, assuming there are no medical emergencies. Hooray!
+ My weight gain, fluids, and blood pressure have been just fine
+ My Group B Strep test came back negative. 
+ Getting more and more eager to meet this little guy! Feeling excited and empowered about labor and delivery!

~Christy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...