Wednesday, September 25, 2013

38 Weeks! Are we there yet??

Grayson Updates: 
+ Had an OB appointment this morning and everything is good!
+ His heart rate was in the 140's this morning--strong and steady!
+ Still head down. Extremely unlikely for that to change now.
+ He is definitely running out of room in there. He stretches and pokes out of both sides of my belly pretty much all the time. It's more uncommon now for me to not feel him.
+ Gets hiccups pretty frequently. It's a feeling I'm not crazy about.
+ We chose a pediatrician! This little boy officially has a doctor for when he comes out! :)

Mom Updates:
+ Had my first exam today to check for dilation. I'm slightly dilated, but still not quite 1 cm. Fortunately this is not an indicator of how soon I'll go into labor, but I admit I was hoping to be a little further along.
+ Experiencing TONS of pelvic pressure and pain, bladder spasms, and sporadic BH contractions.
+ Had quite a bit of swelling, particularly in my hands, over the weekend. I noticed as we were walking around the mall after lunch. I started to get a little worried because the swelling seemed to increase quickly and I could feel extra pressure in my joints. Fortunately we were able to find a blood pressure reader and I was relieved to find I was still in the totally normal range. It went back down later (though no where near normal, but that won't happen until after delivery at this point). I think it was because of a high sodium lunch, combined with lots of walking around. 
+ Overall I guess I'm feeling mostly good, all things considered. I still manage to sleep at night, even though I wake up every 1-2 hours to pee or move my achy body into a new position. I haven't had any major complications. I am blessed!
+ Getting anxious and impatient to meet my little boy! But trying to stay as patient as possible. I know it could still be up to 4 more weeks, worst case.

~Christy~

2 comments:

  1. COME ON, BABY!!! We are so ready to meet you!

    Praying you get to hold your sweet little man in your arms asap and that everything goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I keep checking back and you still haven't posted anything. I'm DYING to be updated!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...