Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Favorite Time of Day

In my last post, I mentioned how many things about motherhood has surprised me. Well, here's a BIG one -- I'm a morning person. Yes, a morning person! Waking up in the morning used to be one of my least favorite things. I would have to literally list off things in my head that would make getting up worth it each day, just to motivate myself to pull back the covers and drag myself away from the warm, snuggly comfort of my bed.

I probably called in sick a few too many times because I didn't feel good...which really meant I couldn't come up with enough reasons to motivate myself to get out of bed. Because sleep is just so good! And I would happily sleep until 10 AM or later on the weekends.

Now that I have a baby? Sleeping in means anything from 7 AM to 8:30 AM. There is no sleeping later than that. Ever. And between still waking up for night feedings one to two times a night, working 40 hours a week, and trying to still find time for exercise and spending time with friends and family...I'm definitely going to fall asleep on the couch if I try to stay up past 9 PM. I literally cannot function.

But mornings are these wonderfully sweet and simple times. I wake up with the anticipation of spending time with my sweet baby before taking him to daycare. I wake up excited to spend time snuggled up in bed with Scott and Grayson while we eat breakfast and do Bible study together. I look forward to a warm cup of coffee. I cherish those times! Everyone is in a good mood. Everyone is fresh and rested (as rested as we can be!). Grayson babbles and laughs and smiles and snuggles. Scott reads me scripture and we reflect and discuss it. We pray together. We laugh as we dress Grayson and play peek-a-boo and "sock head" (a silly game where Scott puts a sock on Grayson's head and Grayson laughs. Gotta love games with babies!).






And while some mornings I am still tired and longing for a few more minutes of sleep, and it's really hard to pull myself away from the warm cuddle of Grayson sleeping up against me to go shower, and some mornings I'm running late and we're all a little stressed....while all of that still happens...my list of motivating reasons to get out of bed never runs dry. :)

Loving my family and this stage of our life together!

What is your favorite time of day?

~Christy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...