Thursday, April 24, 2014

#Selfies

I recently posted on FB that I think it's really strange how trendy it has become to take a picture of yourself in the arm-extended, camera in front of your face fashion. Or as we now know it, taking a "selfie." And to make it even cooler and more relevant, we'll throw in a hashtag. Why? Because things are just cooler with hashtags. #truth

But my point was, this whole #selfie thing isn't new! I've been taking pictures like this since I first started taking pictures with disposable cameras, in my limited 27 shots (better make them count!), and paying to have them developed at CVS or Wal-Greens.

So, I went on a quest to prove it! I searched through all my Facebook pictures (so, keep in mind, this is just limited to the thousands [seriously] pictures that I have on Facebook. I'm sure there are some that date back even further in printed form), and picked out just a few of the many selfies I found. Disclaimer: Some may argue that true selfies should only involve yourSELF and no one else. In which case, I don't have as many of those. But I DO have some that are not new! 

Enjoy the #selfiegallery

#scenicselfie Great Smokey Mountains - 2013

#mirrorselfie - 2011

#babyselfie - Me and my niece - 2009

#selfiefromabove - 2012

#walkingselfie - 2011

#zombieselfies - 2011

#sillyselfie - 2011

#tropicalselfie - 2010

#brotherselfie - 2004

#sisterselfie - 2010

#dressyselfie - 2003

#sexyselfie - 2004

#BFFselfie - 2004

#scaryselfie - Halloween 2009

#selfiefrombelow - 2005

#photobombselfie - Dover Beach 2007

#emoselfie - 2007

#featherboaselfie - 2008

#newglassesselfie - 2011

#awkwardselfie - 2012

#feetselfie - At The Globe Theater in London - 2007

#kissyselfie - 2008


#newhaircolorselfie - 2005

     
#tipsyinLondonselfie - 2007


Again, that's just a few! So...it's not new. Can we all agree? So, what is the big deal???


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...