Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lately....

+ Praying for... 
* my mom's husband who recently had very extensive surgery on both knees and is in a lengthy and painful recovery process.
* my grandma's husband who has cancer and is on his last round of chemo. If this doesn't work, they expect he has about a year, or less, left.
* all the incoming college students I'm seeing at orientation this summer. My office book club is reading College of the Overwhelmed and I can't help but wonder if any of these students will end up suffering from anxiety, depression, bi-polar disorder, OCD, eating disorders, etc...It's a rough world, y'all. 
 * babies and children who are suffering throughout the world from neglect, abuse, and chronic or terminal diseases
 
+ Looking forward to...
* Getting together with the working mom group I host after taking 4 weeks off!
* Going to Atlanta in two weeks to celebrate Father's Day, my MIL's birthday, and my hubby's birthday. We will be renting a boat on Lake Allatoona with Scott's family and then having lunch at my dad's house on Sunday. Excited (and nervous!) for Grayson's first time on a boat!
*  Only 4 more weeks until our week-long vacation at St. George Island! Whoop!

+ Working on....
* gifts for Scott's birthday and his first Father's Day :)
* writing a letter to my sister for her birthday (which was May 22nd!!). I asked her for gift ideas at the last minute and she requested a letter that will make her cry! Sheesh! Talk about demands! It will take me a little while to perfect that one!
* Forcing myself to workout at least a couple times a week. I feel much better when I do, but I have such limited time. I think it's hilarious that I ever used that excuse before being a mom!
* SOAR (GSU's orientation for new students) All summer long!

+ Hoping for...
* being able to buy some new summer work clothes. Last summer I basically just wore maternity clothes. And I'm actually thinner now than I was before getting pregnant. So I don't have much for this season. 
* Grayson sleeping more at night. I know. I literally wrote a post about not caring about this. But with teething and growth spurts, he seems to be up 2-3 times a night. :/ Let mommy sleep. Just a little. Okay?

+ Recently....
* Scott and I celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversary! I made him a slideshow of pictures, using the song from our first dance as the music, and I surprised him at work with Starbucks iced coffee and a brownie. He surprised me with breakfast in bed (freshly baked banana bread muffins, scrambled eggs, and coffee. Along with cut roses from our front yard), and beautiful flowers delivered to my office! Our Jacksonville trip the previous week was our anniversary trip, so we didn't do anything big on the actual day.

* Went to Atlanta for my step-sister's baby shower. My dad and step-mom hadn't seen us and Grayson since CHRISTMAS! Too long!! And Grayson and my sweet nieces finally got to meet! Yay for cousins!
My 5-year old niece holding Grayson. He looks about as big as she is!!

+ Reading...
* College of the Overwhelmed for my work bookclub
* The Bible (specifically the book of Ephesians this week)
* Your blogs! :)

+ Watching...
* We finally got Hulu Plus, so we're catching up on the most recent seasons of all our shows. Since we canceled Netflix, we have been only using Amazon Prime to stream shows. But it can be slim pickin's. Lately we've been catching up on Grey's Anatomy.

+ Listening to...
* My Pandora on shuffle at work. Such a mix of country, classic rock, alternative, 90's, pop, worship, etc...! It's an adventure! ha!
* the Disney station on my Pandora when I'm at home. We say it's for Grayson, but who are we kidding? He doesn't really care what we listen to as long as music is playing and we dance around. We're just looking for an excuse to get our Disney jam on! :)

+ Laughing about...
* My step-mom referring to me as the Captain of Breastfeeding in America. No, it was not intended as a compliment, but I went ahead and took it as one! 
* Grayson babbling more and more. And chasing the cats!
* This
* And This
* Oh, and This :)
What have you been up to lately? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...