Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Today is Brought to You By: COFFEE!


Via
You know how when you have too much to drink things start to get a little hazy, and you think back on the night before and you can't quite remember all the details? Hopefully you don't know, but let's be real, most of you have probably had at least one night like that.

Well, that's pretty much what being a working mom is like!

I often have to ask myself if I told Scott about something or just thought about telling him. I try to think back to things I feel certain I did the day before, and it feels almost like it happened in a dream. Did I really email my grandpa on my phone last night to thank him for our anniversary gift? I feel like that happened, but my memory of it doesn't seem real. Better check it out. Yes, it would seem I did do that. I think I was sitting on the floor. Oh yes, that's when Grayson was fighting sleep and decided he would stay up until 9:15 and I spent the evening intermittently playing with him and watching the minutes of potential down-time tick-tocking away on the clock. Somewhere in there I remembered that I still hadn't emailed my grandpa (our anniversary was 2 weeks ago, and we received the card closer to 3 weeks ago!). And somewhere between making sure Grayson didn't climb the fireplace hearth, get stuck under an end table, or pull a cat's tail, I managed to hastily type out an email on my iPhone. No wonder I barely remember it!

Amazingly, most days I don't feel overly tired. I actually feel fairly well-rested. This is amazing because Grayson has only slept through the night twice in his 8-months of existence.

I think I need to attribute some of this to coffee. I've never been a coffee every morning person. I love coffee, but I never wanted to need it. So, I reserved it for weekends and other special occasions. Since returning to work after having Grayson, coffee has been a staple of my morning routine. And now there have been a couple times where I have felt the start of a headache, only to realize it is completely gone by the time I finish my cup of coffee. Eek! Looks like I may have a bit of an addiction. :/

So, you can thank coffee for bringing you today's issue of Christy! And maybe I'll remember writing this post. Maybe.


Any other coffee addicts out there? I know I'm not alone in this. And that makes me feel a little better! :)

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I drink coffee like it's water. It's less because of the kick I get and mostly because it just makes me happy. I have to have a mug/cup in the morning otherwise I'm not a nice person :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...