Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekend Daze

I love that I can push the workweek aside, school and all, and enjoy my weekends with friends and family. I manage and plan my time each week so that I don't have any school work on the weekends. I also try to do all my work during the day so all my evenings (aside from the ones that I have class) can be spent with Scott.

This weekend is off to a great start! Last night Scott & I had a date night. While Scott was working yesterday I went ahead and cleaned the house so we wouldn't have to do it this weekend, and I had burritos ready for dinner when he got home. We ate dinner while watching some Parks and Recreation (hilarious show that we only JUST discovered). Then we headed into town and went to the new frozen yogurt place, La Berry. It was AMAZING! I love those places! So cute and trendy and super yummy! Then we went to La Te Da and had some coffee and played Scrabble. I beat Scott by only 10 points. We were using 2 game's worth of letters so we had literally almost filled the entire board with words. It was really fun and nice little date night. :)

So far today we have slept in a little and enjoyed some breakfast while listening to Worship music. Our friends Matthew & Ryann (who just recently got engaged--CONGRATS, guys!) are coming over for lunch. We are grilling out, shooting guns, and just enjoying the fellowship on this beautiful weekend. Who knows? We may even pull out some yard games that we got for Christmas!

Tomorrow is church in the morning, grocery shopping, and then Connection Junction at church in the evening. It's a fellowship event revolving around our Connect Groups. It's a chance for those interested in joining a group to get a feel for what they're all about and what the choices are. Scott is in a Men's Group. I was in a Women's Group, but we recently dissolved. I think Scott and I will be joining a young married couples group. :)

And that's about it for now! I love weekends and spending time with my husband and good friends. :) OH--and I lost another 1.8 pounds this week! Go me!!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend daze as well!

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...