Thursday, February 10, 2011

Head Cold and Cat Naps

It's been a while since I've posted. Grad school is picking back up and I'm at the point where I have real assignments and presentations coming up and stress is knocking at my door and I'm telling it to GO AWAY! In other words, I've been busy. My apologies!

Let's see...last week I lost no weight. Nope, not even an ounce! The Wii told me (+/-) 0.00 pounds! Well, I guess it's better than gaining weight! This week I'm not sure what to expect. I got a really fun game for the Wii called Just Dance 2 (thanks Erin, for recommending it!). I've played it a few times and last weekend Scott and I played on it for close to 2 hours! But aside from that, I worked out for an hour and a half at the RAC on Monday and that's about it! Ordinarily I would have worked out today and hopefully at least lifted some weights on Tues/Weds, but I have had a cold and haven't felt up to moving, let alone working out. On the plus side, my appetite has diminished, so maybe that will have lead to some weight loss!

This week has been BORING! On top of being a sicky, Scott has been in Vegas all week for a conference. Before he left, he surprised me with roses and The Band Perry CD. He really is the sweetest! :) I've been listening to that cd in my car everywhere I go. I'm pretty much in love with it! It was definitely a good pick! But I have been alone this week with no one but the cat to keep me company. She's good company, though. She loves taking naps with me which is pretty much all I did yesterday while I was home sick, other than watch obscene amounts of ABC Family (but really, how obscene can ABC Family be? I mean, I watched Full House, Gilmore Girls, and That 70's Show for Pete's sake!). And other than napping, Zoe Cat is great for entertainment. She runs around when she goes into "crazy mode" and she plays really neat games like, pulling all my clothes out of a drawer or sifting through a bag of socks and always pulling out the exact same pair no matter how hard I try to hide them. Yep, it's loads of fun.



These are some pictures of the fabulous kitty of which I speak. She goes by many names, including Zoe Cat, Dr. Zois, Ph.Z, Zo-Zo, Kitty, and Cat Magoo. Sometimes we also call her a Fool of a Beast.

I'm back at work this afternoon and, thankfully, it seems that everyone survived without me. There isn't even an overflow of things for me to do. I just wish I hadn't taken that day off last week for comp time. Then I could have just used it when I was sick. Now I'll have to work 4 extra hours next week to make up for it. Boo!

Tomorrow I am waking up before the crack of dawn to drive down to Savannah for the Cross-Cultural Counseling Conference. I'm actually a regular attendee, but I told Sybil I would help out with check-in and Pay-at-the-doors in the morning. In exchange, she's letting me attend the conference for free which is a pretty sweet deal considering it would have been at least $85, but more likely $110 for me to go. I just hope my health holds up! I'll be taking extra Vitamin C tonight!

Scott comes home Saturday and I cannot wait! :) Granted, he won't be home until like 1 AM, but still!

In other news, I have decided to see a counselor at the Counseling Center on campus every-other week this semester. I was required to see one for an intake session in order to get a referral to a Group Counseling membership, which I have to do for one of my classes. After meeting with my counselor, and getting the promised referral, we agreed that I might benefit from continuing individual counseling as well. I mean, hey, it's free! Why not? Especially being in these counseling classes that prod at your feelings and try to rough you up! I may need an additional outlet that's just for me.

So, that's what is new with me! I'm currently reading Lipstick in Afghanistan and am loving it! I never thought I would care much for reading about other cultures, but I actually find it fascinating! I'm more than halfway through the book. I haven't decided what I want to read next. Scott and I went to Goodwill last week and bought like 14 books between the two of us and only spent $6! It was amazing! So, we each have lots to choose from! I'm also considering buying a book to read on the Kindle. We got one for Christmas and so far Scott is the only one using it. I'm excited about it, but I love books so much that I find it hard to buy something that's only electronic. I like the idea of holding the book in my hand. But I've been wanting to read The Help and it's only $12 on the Kindle. So, that might be my next book!

I better get back to the grind! Got some conferences to prepare for! And tonight--hopefully I'll be in bed by 9! Only a couple more days until my love returns! Until then...it's just me and the cat.

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...