Saturday, February 12, 2011

Motivation Proclamation

Today I really need to be productive. Every time Scott travels, I think about all the wondrous possibilities of things I can accomplish. I don't have to worry about having dinner ready at a certain time, I can go to bed whenever I feel like it, and I don't have to devote any time in the evenings to just spending with him. In my optimistic mind, this new free time will be filled with Bible study, homework, exercise, and cleaning/projects around the house. I have yet to live out this vision. Every time he travels, I usually become a bum. I put off my homework because I know I can just "do it later." I don't have the energy for working out or anything else, and I resign to planting myself on the couch and watching silly things that Scott wouldn't enjoy like Gilmore Girls and The Price is Right. But this time, I said to myself, was going to be different. Well, it started out well. On Monday I went to work, worked out at the RAC for an hour and a half, showered, did homework, spent some time with God, watched a little silly TV, and then headed to bed. But Tuesday was when the ick struck! I have had a head cold ever since. And the one thing that can render me useless more so than taking away my husband is illness. So, I have done just what I said I would not. I have sat at home on the couch watching silly TV. I have put off homework because I can't find the energy. I certainly haven't exercised. And while I thought I was getting better, last night was rough. I had to get up in the middle of the night and take more NyQuil, rub some Vick's on my chest, and blow my nose approximately 100 times. I have that terrible coughing constantly, loss of voice, and nose that is both stuffy and runny at the same time feeling.

And today was going to be the day that I got caught up on everything I put off during the week! I have an assignment due Monday that I really need to do, I'm several chapters behind in my assigned readings, I was hoping to clean the house, and I was also thinking I could at least Just Dance tonight as a quick workout. But now I sit here on the couch...blogging. The one thing I can say for the day is I've finally gotten some information on the whole Egypt crisis. I was watching The Price is Right which TiVo recorded as a suggestion, and it was interrupted with the news that the president of Egypt had stepped down. Scott had already informed me of this when it happened, but I sat and watch the whole story for about 30 minutes. So, at least I'm connecting to the world, albeit passively.


So, in the words of Good Charlotte...motivate me! I wanna get myself out of this bed!






Maybe Zoe Cat can provide some advice on how she goes from dead sleep to crazy mode in 2 seconds! I could really use some crazy mode right now! Imagine the calories I would burn!

Wish me luck, friends! And I wish you a productive yet restful weekend as well!
~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...