Friday, February 18, 2011

So this good for nothing cold was good for something?


Hi, Folks! Happy Friday to you all! I can't believe it's been well over a week since I caught the plague (AKA a cold)! I'm finally feeling better, getting through the day without multiple doses of Quil (Day or Night as appropriate), and I'm hoping that I will fully have my voice back in time for Sunday morning worship at Connection. Not having a voice has been driving me CRAZY! I sing...a lot. Too much, maybe. And almost always way too loudly. I'm going nuts not being able to sing along with the radio and my new favorite cd The Band Perry. If I have to go to church and not sing along with the worship team, well, I may just...I don't know...something really bad! But I have high hopes. It's been gradually coming back, and I think this is the first day I don't sound like a 100-year-old smoker on oxygen when I talk. Thank you, Jesus!

But, as my subject mentions, the cold was not really good for nothing. Miraculously, I still managed to lose 1 pound last week and 2 pounds this week! This is unbelievable to me because I haven't done anything but lay around! I even had a donut earlier this week! A DONUT!!! All I can figure is the loss of appetite last week, and the small amount of cardio I did this week. I think I did probably an hour total of dancing with Just Dance 2 on the Wii. My other guess--coughing (see lovely picture to the left. That is not me, but probably what I looked like--with flatter hair and paler skin). I'm hypothesizing that it's the best kept cardio secret! I've been coughing my head off for a week and a half. My abs have even been sore from all the coughing and nose blowing! I figure this has to be a great workout. Right? Of course. It's the only explanation. I just think it's hilarious (in a painfully ironic and not really funny at all kind of way) that I work my butt off on an average week and sometimes don't even lose an ounce, then I have a week of barely working out and eat some not-so-healthy foods and I lose 2 pounds! That's the most I've lost in one week since I started this challenge. Go figure. But see, I bet minus the coughing, this would not be the case.

So, are you looking to shed a few pounds? My advice? Embrace the common cold this season! And hold off on the coughdrops!

Picture to the left is of me and Scott--after our colds. Okay, not really. Scott didn't really have a cold...

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! Silly. Good thing we have such awesome abs to protect us from the cat attacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I'm not sure amazing abs protect against flesh wounds... Too bad!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...