Thursday, March 10, 2011

The deadline approaches....

As you know if you have been following me for a while, I have been trying to lose weight. I did not want losing weight to be my "New Years Resolution," but somehow, after creating a list of resolutions with things like eat more veggies and drink more water, I ended up deciding upon a weight loss goal after all.  I wanted to do shorter-term, smaller goals than I have in the past. Rather than deciding to lose 30 pounds, I wanted to start with 10 and see what happens from there. And I decided to give myself time lines and check points to help encourage and motivate me. So, I decided my first goal would be to lose 10 pounds in 2 months. I weigh myself once a week, on Friday mornings, and so far I have been clipping right along at a consistent pace. Only once have I not lost anything, and I haven't gained any. So, if nothing else, this is good news. 


Well, my 2 month deadline has finally arrived. Tomorrow morning I shall weigh-in and see whether or not I've met my first goal. Honestly, I don't think I have met it. This has been a terrible week for this. Last Friday night we went to a Murder Mystery Dinner and didn't have any options in the menu. I tried to eat light, but it still comes down to eating bread, potatoes, and some delicious beef thing drenched in creamy sauce. I tried to load up on the salad and asparagus to off-set the calories, but then I pretty much threw in the hat when they served chocolate mousse for dessert. The next day we had Barbaritos for lunch and then went to La Berry. Not the worst food for you, but not the best either. But the real kicker was working at the Youth at Risk Conference in Savannah from Sunday through Tuesday. The Hyatt spoils us there (because we pay them outrageous fees!). They were constantly bringing us cookies and sodas. The lunch and dinner options were amazing, but fattening. And the breakfast only consisted of danishes and muffins. No fruit or yogurt or cereal or anything remotely healthy. Fortunately I did go to the Hyatt gym every night I was there. Hopefully that helped balance some of that out. Since I've been home I've been trying to eat less and eat healthy. I went to the gym today as well. Tonight we're having salad and baked potatoes for dinner. I've done all that I can to make up for the bad decisions this week, but I honestly doubt I've lost much weight. I'm just hoping I haven't gained...or at least not much. As of last week I still needed to lose 2.6 pounds to meet my 10 pound goal. I'll be sure to update you tomorrow to see if I'm ready to move on to my next challenge or if this one is going to go on for yet another week. 


The good news is, I have lost 7 pounds so far and I'm constantly being complimented on how much healthier and thinner I already look. I still have a ways to go. After meeting this challenge I'll still weigh 150 pounds. I would LOVE to be around 125...but that's super wishful thinking. I'm just going to keep up with the 10 pound goals until I am either satisfied or my body plateaus. Growing up I was always around 125, and I weighed that all the way up until about 5 years ago. I know as we age it's harder to stay that small, but I know my body can do it without looking sick or too skinny. It's hard to imagine shedding that many pounds, but I know it's not out of the question, and that's exciting. But for now, I'm hoping for 150 tomorrow and maybe 140 2 months from now! 




Here are some pictures of me from last Friday night. This is just before leaving for the Murder Mystery Dinner. We were actually running late and Scott was very annoyed that I made him take not one but TWO pictures of me before leaving the house. But I wanted to show off my weight loss, my super cute new haircut, AND my brand new dress which is a SIZE 6 I might add!! Granted the style is flattering and just right for my body type so I can pull off a smaller size. If it were more fitted in the bottom I would probably still need a 10. Of course, all the 10's and 8's that I tried on in the store that fit my bottom were completely hanging off my top. While I still have a bit of a belly and I'm still pretty bootilicious, I better stick with something small on the top and flowy at the bottom! 


Until tomorrow....be thinking skinny thoughts!
~Christy

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo encouraging, Christy! I'm definitely standing in prayer with you, and I know that through Him all things are possible, which means with determination, hard work, and living for Him you WILL achieve this goal. I've been taking strides to make better lifestyle choices in terms of eating and exercising habits because I'm with you...the older we get the easier it is to gain weight...and harder it is to lose it.

    Can't wait to hear your results! SOAR love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandi! :) I definitely couldn't do it without the strength of God. I realized that my body is a gift and wonderful creation of the Lord. I have the responsibility of taking care of it while I'm on this Earth, and that's what I'm trying to do! And, of course, it will be nice to a hottie! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...