Saturday, March 12, 2011

Not surprising...

Yesterday was the deadline for my first weight loss goal of 10 pounds. I wasn't surprised to find that I did not meet my goal. As I mentioned in my previous post, this week was a horrible food week for me. With outings and conferences and meals with no options, I ate things I usually don't. And even though I stuck to my workouts, I knew it was unlikely that I would lose the 2.6 pounds I still needed to lose. The good news is, I got pretty darn close! I still managed to lose a pound this week, and I was only 1.5 pounds away from meeting my 10 pound goal. I am pretty pleased with this. And I truly believe that if it weren't for the circumstances of this week, or maybe those 2 weeks of having a cold, I really could have met this goal. This is exciting because it's fueling me for my next goal. I decided to go ahead and set another 10 pounds in 2 months goal. Unfortunately Wii Fit, which is what I use to keep track of all this, will not acknowledge when I meet the previous goal because I already set the next one. So, I'll just have to do a little victory dance when I lose that last pound and a half. But I know what I'm capable of now, and it's a great feeling. I'm glad that I'm taking things slow because it makes it all seem more possible. And it really is a lifestyle change. Unlike a crash diet that may make me drop 10 pounds in a couple weeks, this is something I can carry on with for the rest of my life. Of course, I won't be dropping 10 pounds every two months for the rest of my life...OBVIOUSLY...but at some point I'll reach a healthy weight and then I'll just continue on maintaining that weight and being healthy. It's exciting to think of how my body will look, and even more exciting to think of the years I can potentially be adding to my life by being healthier now. 


So, with my first deadline coming to a close, I decided to take a short break and take the weekend off from worrying about what I eat. I realize I didn't even meet my goal so this may seem very counterproductive, especially considering the slack week I've already had, but whatever! Scott had some great ideas for this weekend, and I wanted to enjoy them, guilt-free! Unfortunately, that is easier said than done. Last night we had Buffalo's for dinner. We got a plate of nachos first and then I had a chicken wrap that had yummy sauce, fried onion straws, and french fries! I only ate half my wrap...but still. Oh, and I also had a margarita, followed by a couple glasses of wine after we got home. The one good thing was that we cleared our living room and made a dance floor and danced around for a couple hours, singing and acting silly. (You know you wish you did stuff like this...admit it!) So, I'm hoping I burned some calories with that. I didn't feel too bad about last night, but today we went to El Som. The last few times I've gone there, I've tried to stay away from the chips as much as possible, and get a smaller portion meal. Today I went all out and got chicken nachos. That's right...lots of chips, sopping with cheese dip! Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, we went to the movies and had popcorn! (Side note--we saw Red Riding Hood, and it was SO good! Very well done! Suspenseful, beautiful, captivating...go see it!!) But anyway, back to the point. I know I had decided to take the weekend off, and it's not like I eat like this every day, but I have felt awful ever since. I've come to equate it with drinking. When I drink too much (which rarely happens these days) I'm usually enjoying it while I'm doing it. But then later that night and the next day, I feel terrible. Not only does my body feel run down, gross, and icky, but I feel like a loser for getting out of hand like that. That's how I feel after eating all that junk. My body feels sluggish and bloated and gross, and I feel like a loser. 


I started off the day feeling wonderful. I realized that almost ALL my pants are too big!! It's a great feeling! I put on a pair of jeans that for some reason I hadn't gotten rid of yet but hadn't worn in month because they're too small. Well, they fit great! I look amazing in them, I must say. And while they still seem to fit really well, I no longer feel great or sexy. I feel like a bum. I didn't even eat dinner because I still feel SO FULL! I am not taking tomorrow off! We may go to La Berry, but I don't feel bad about that. Frozen yogurt piled high with fruit...doesn't make me feel guilty. But other than that I plan to eat right again. And maybe we'll do some workouts at home tomorrow. And Monday evening it's back to the gym for me! Gotta hit the ground running for the next round of goals! :)


Oh, and one more thing--my husband is AMAZING! Despite my complaining about all this food, he took me to lunch, took me to a movie, took me SHOE SHOPPING, and then we went BOOK SHOPPING, and well....if that isn't love I don't know what is! ;) I felt a little guilty about all the money we spent today, but it is nice to get doted on like that, and I know it makes him happy when we can afford to do fun stuff every now and then. 


Well, I hope you are having success with any goals you are working towards! I have more to talk about in regards to my other "resolutions" (though I seem to always focus on just this one...), but I'll save it for another post! Oh! And happy Spring Break to my fellow GSU students! :) 


Here's to hoping for a speedy metabolism...
~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...