Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Updates

I don't have a lot of time to write today, but I wanted to do a quick post to catch up on all that has happened since my last post!

~The second day of my Spring Break was spent cleaning the inside of the house and organizing drawers and pantries. It took several hours, but I rocked out to some Glee and that made it all more bearable.

~Scott took Friday off and we went down to Tampa on Thursday night to stay with my Mom for the weekend. We spent all day Friday laying by the pool and reading while my mom was at work. Then Saturday we went to Clearwater Beach where I still managed to get sunburned despite slathering myself with SPF 50. But it wasn't too bad and this is the closest I've been to tan in a long time! Maybe I'll start this summer off right!

~I finished all three books in The Hunger Games series! Yes, that means I've read 2 books since my last post! I'm telling you, these books are AMAZING! Once you start the first one, you won't stop until you finish the last. I finished last night and all day today I've felt a weird sort of emptiness. I already miss the characters! I know it's crazy, but that just goes to show how well-written it was. I can tell you I never cared 1/10th as much about the characters in the traveling pants books as I did about these characters. I don't even like to talk about the story of the books b/c I feel like I can't do it justice, and I don't want to spoil one moment of it. Please, just buy the books!

~Jan Reynolds, my friend and co-worker who had been waiting on a heart transplant, passed away yesterday afternoon. She was such a wonderful and sweet person. She brought life and energy into our office. Whenever I had a question about ANYTHING, I always felt I could go to her b/c she was so patient and helpful and understanding. Even when I was filling in for Linda and working across the hall from her with about 100 questions a day, she was always there to answer them and explain things to me. I am very sad to say goodbye to her, but in the past 6 months or so, since she was put on the transplant list, she hasn't really been the same. She was almost a shell of herself. Weak, expressionless, and hurting. As sad as I am to say goodbye, I find it comforting to know that she's with God in Heaven now and not suffering here on this Earth. I know she's experiencing joy right now unlike anything I can possibly imagine. And that makes all the suffering of those missing her seem worth it somehow. Thank you to those of you who have joined me in prayer and/or by donating to her transplant foundation. It means a lot to me, my coworkers, and Jan's family.

~Lastly, I am on the University Store's Relay for Life team again this year. Thanks to my grandpa Cecil Murphey, and my best friend Hayley Vega, I am already up to $535! My goal is to reach at least $600. I'm already 89% there! If you would like to help raise money for this cause and help me reach my goal, go to this link. You can find my personal reason for relaying, a blog I've started specifically for that site, an indicator of my goal and donations so far, and a way to make a donation yourself. Visit me and check it out! And thanks for your support!

And that's about all I have to update you on today. I'm back in school after the break, and dragging my feet a bit. Actually, that's not really true. I've been working at a good pace, but I'm still dreading some of the many projects in my near future!

Send some motivation my way,
~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...