Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Ahead!

Today is that glorious day that we all had to drag ourselves out of bed an hour earlier than usual. Yep, we had to "spring ahead" an hour. During my pre-Christian days, this was not as big of a deal. But today, waking up at 7:10 AM to get ready for church really meant waking up at 6:10, which is around when I wake up on a normal work day. I forgot all about the time change, but fortunately our cell phones make the change automatically. I did not oversleep, but was confused when I sat up and looked at the clock. Nonetheless, we made it to church, had some La Berry (we were probably the very first customers today...I've never been there when it hasn't been packed to the brim!), ate left overs for lunch, and started in on some Sunday afternoon chores. 


The best part of today and this time of year in general is the beautiful weather! I LOVE spring and fall in South Georgia. I hate, hate, HATE the summer. And I'm indifferent to the winter. I don't love it, but it's not miserable enough to hate it. I guess it's not quite spring officially, but students our on Spring Break as we speak, the sun is out, the pollen is out, and the bees are out. In my opinion, it's spring. In Scott's opinion it's already summer! He forgets how awful it is here in the summer. 


But, as I said, I love the spring. It's just the right temperature outside. I love when it's in the 60's and 70's. Low 80's is acceptable, but anything above that is pushing pure misery. To welcome the gorgeous weather, we spent about an hour this afternoon putting screens on all our windows. So, now we have all our windows open and the house feels cool and fresh. In our little apartment we only had one window in the living room and one in each bedroom. It was nice, but didn't provide a good air flow. Now with multiple windows in every room, including a sunroom with 8 windows, it's paradise having all this fresh air. Thankfully I don't suffer from severe allergies. Mine basically consist of itchy eyes and an occasional sore throat and ear ache. I take Claritin every night, and that pretty much takes care of it. I'm so blessed to not have to deal with all those sinus issues that my poor husband and his family have. So, I can happily enjoy my house, and all the fresh, sunny air! 



These pictures aren't great, but you can see that we have all our windows open! The first one is a view from the sunroom. The one on the far right is our front porch...perfect for some afternoon reading. And the middle one is Zoe Cat enjoying being as close as possible to the outside world! 


So, friends, enjoy this weather! Go outside! Sit on a bench and read, take your dog for a walk, wash you cars, fish, do some yard work, do SOMETHING! But don't let this wonderful day pass you by! :) 


Warm thoughts,
~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...