Friday, September 23, 2011

Good Stuff

After yesterday's really sad post, I feel the need to write a post about happy things. Because there are still happy things, and for that I am thankful.

  • I'm happy that this weekend I get to see my besties and celebrate with one of them as she prepares to move to The Netherlands to marry the love of her life. 
  • I'm happy that my house smells like autumn (via Bath & Body Works wallflowers. Currently enjoying Spiced Cinnamon Pumpkin & Autumn)...even if the weather outside has reverted back to gross heat. 
  • I'm happy that I got new glasses that I really like and actually think look good on me! 





  • Remember how a couple days ago I said I stopped weighing myself b/c I kept gaining weight? Well, I weighed myself today and in the past 2 weeks I've lost 5 pounds!!! Oh yeah! :) I'm not really sure why b/c I don't think I've worked out at all in that time! I have been trying to eat better, but I'm certainly not eating perfect. I think a lot of it is just how my body weight fluctuates throughout my cycle. BUT it still makes me happy, nonetheless! :)
I don't know how much different I look. But I felt thinner that day.
I'm back down to 151 pounds.
This is about how much I weighed after my last 10 pound loss back in April.
So now all that work hasn't been deminished, thankfully. And it's time to keep going!
  • I'm happy about new shoes. I got 2 new pair from Rack Room a couple weeks ago, and I got a new pair from a local consignment shop today. These are the only ones I have a picture of: 



  • I'm happy that my kitties are finally starting to get along a little better, and will both snuggle with me at the same time. (Forgive the unattractive sleeping picture!)


  • I'm happy that my counseling sessions are going well so far, and I actually feel like I'm benefiting people, not just meeting school requirements.
  • I'm happy that this is my 102nd blog post! I realized while writing the sad post that the one before was my 100th! If I had realized it ahead of time I would have made it a little more special. Oh, well!
  • And I'm happy that YOU are reading my blog! :) I'm excited that I have gained several new followers in the past month or so. I'm still miles behind most of you in that area, but I just have to remind myself that this blog is not about getting followers, it's about my life and my walk with God. Any who wish to share in that are more than welcome. But even still, I'm super thankful that you are willing to share in it! :)

Happy Friday, Bloggers! What are YOU happy about today? 

~Christy~


3 comments:

  1. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers! How awful a think that is to go through, I know what it's like.
    And I just want to say that you are very strong. To find all these happy things in the midst of a time that could be very unhappy. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking SO SO good!!! Great job!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking great, girl!! love those cute shoes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...