Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Speedy Updates!!!

I have a counseling session in half an hour. Time for a super speedy post!!


  • I went to a women's conference this past Saturday and had a really great time. There were over 20 salvations! Praise, God! 
  • Prayers, please, for my neighbor/landlord. He recently had his leg amputated and has now been informed that he has an infection in the remaining part of his leg. This is really bad news b/c he has an artificial hip that goes down the length of his thigh. They pretty much cannot remove anymore leg. Not sure what will be done.
  • Super excited about this weekend! One of my besties is moving to Holland (I know, right?), and she is having her going away party and bridal shower this weekend (oh yeah, she's moving b/c she's marrying a Dutchman! True story.) I'll be spending the weekend with her, celebrating/mourning, and playing sexy games at her shower! :)
  • God has totally provided me with all my clients for my Practicum hours! I have 4 clients, and a meeting lined up with a high school counselor about getting my required "child" client. Boom! Done. Thank you, Jesus!
  • I got new glasses but, foolish me, have not uploaded pictures yet. They are on my camera. At home. I'm at work now. Boo! I'll get them up soon!!
  • I haven't been weighing myself b/c it's too depressing. No matter what I do, I seem to continue gaining weight. At the risk of my dad lecturing me again, I will admit that I ate half a donut today. Hmm...wonder why this weight-loss thing isn't working... ? On the other hand, I swear I look slimmer this week! 
  • Prayers for me as I'm learning how to be a counselor and how to listen to the hard issues of real life people and not let it get me down after the session is over. The cool thing, though, is that I can pray for them after the session is over. 
  • Umm...I think that's it! 
Happy Tuesday, bloggie friends! :) 

PS--I really want to meet bloggers! I realize it's my own fault that I'm not dedicated enough to my blog to make it fancy, to attract new followers, to make it easy for other to share my blog... But I'm super jealous of all these blates I'm reading about, people! 

~Christy~

4 comments:

  1. Life is GOOD! :) But definitely praying for your land lord!
    And good luck, I know you're going to become an AMAZING counselor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, praying for your land lord! And I'm the same way about weight...I just keep on eating! Haha! And I type this as I eat Taco Bell! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word - your poor landlord. super scary. i have the same issue with the weight/donut :) can't help myself and yet i keep complaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your counseling is going so well!

    I get jealous at all of the meet-ups too! I've only been able to meet two so far. Just try to find some in your area, get to know them, and then ask them! Most will say yes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...