Friday, September 30, 2011

If you care to find me, look to the Western sky!

Wicked fans? Anyone? Well get ready to be jealous! Scott & I are going to see Wicked at The Fabulous Fox Theater in Atlanta tomorrow night! It's Scott's second time seeing it, but the first time around he had what we like to call "Turkey Elphaba." Meaning the lady who played Elphaba sang like, well...a turkey. No good. We're hoping for a better performance from this one. I have already seen Wicked twice (now you're SUPER jealous, huh?). Honestly I don't know why I keep going to see it because I don't think anything could top the first time I saw it. I was in London. Kerry Ellis played Elphaba and she took my breath away. I STILL get on youtube to hear her sing Defying Gravity. I daresay she is better than Idina Menzel herself...and that's saying something! The second time I saw it at The Fox with my sister. The cast was pretty good, and I definitely had fun, but my sister was really sick the whole time so it was a little stressful trying to monitor that and hoping that she was somehow still enjoying the show. Scott's parents are going with us and they have NOT seen it before. So it will be their first time. I hope it is magical for us all! :) Gosh, I love Wicked!

In other news, my Daddy's birthday lunch is on Sunday and a bunch of us are going out to eat to celebrate. My niece will be there which I'm most excited about. You all know, if you've been following for any length of time, how much I ADORE her!

And...now time for a bunch of Wicked stuff! :)



This is Kerry Ellis playing Elphaba. It's the whole Defying Gravity scene. And the sound doesn't match the visuals, so try to ignore that and just focus on how AMAZING she is!






Ah! So excited! :)

~Christy~

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Wicked. I want to see it on Broadway, but I did see it in arizona. The music is so amazing and gives me chills every time! p.s. love your header, so sweet :)


    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...