Thursday, February 2, 2012

Upcoming Weekend

Does it make me a terrible wife that I'm looking forward to my husband going out of town this weekend? Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking forward to not seeing him. I'll miss him, for sure. I hate sleeping alone. I will probably sleep in until noon because I won't have him there encouraging me to get up...and then I'll feel really lousy for wasting half of the day sleeping.

BUT

I look forward to having time to myself. Sometimes I just need some "me" time. Sometimes I don't want to operate on any schedule other than my own. I don't know what I'll do all weekend. I'll probably spend a lot of time just lounging around. But I also hope to dance around the house to really loud music from my childhood (cue Backstreet Boys, Alanis Morrisette, and Good Charlotte...yes, I have eclectic tastes!), eat sushi, paint my toenails, watch TLC, BLOG, read outside in the sunshine, and yes, maybe get some homework done too.

Of course, I always have these grand plans when Scott goes out of town. And then...I end up laying on the couch watching stupid TV shows and feeling sorry for myself, lacking any energy or motivation to accomplish all the wonderful things I had planned. But I'm bound and determined to not let this weekend be one of those times! Now that I work full days and never have time to myself in the afternoons like I used to, I'm really craving this "me time." I want to make full use of it! :)

Oh--and there are lots of house updates that I could go through, but let me just say...we made an offer on a house, but it was not accepted. The search continues!

~Christy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...