Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Husbandless Saturday

Well, Scott left for Atlanta straight from work last night. I know I talk a big game, about how excited I am for the me time and all that, but when it comes time to say goodbye, all that goes out the window. There may have been some teary eyes...yes, I realize we'll literally only go one day without seeing each other. It's pathetic adorable. And as I headed home, I realized how much more fun the night could be if he were with me. It's like Jack Johnson says, "it's better when we're together."

This is us a few days after Christmas. We visited my mom in Florida and went to the beach.
And nothing says Christmas like a snowman...I mean, sandman! 


Nonetheless, I tried to make the most of it. I bought some sushi, as planned, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I watched The Addams Family movie, which I had recorded on TiVo several weeks ago but secretly knew Scott would never want to watch. (He never watched ANY of the old TV shows growing up. He was seriously deprived. That means he doesn't care about Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Addams Family, The Munsters, Brady Bunch, Green Acres, Gilligans Island...can you believe he's NEVER seen an episode of Gilligan's Island????) Anyway, I digress.

I watched several episodes of Big Bang Theory and then headed to bed around 10:45. I read for about half an hour in bed and then went to sleep, thinking how cold his side of the bed felt (especially compared to my toasty side with the heated mattress pad!). I originally woke up around 6:30 this morning but knew I couldn't allow myself to get up at that awful time. So, I forced myself to go back to sleep (okay, it wasn't that hard to do!), and I managed to sleep until 9:30. Yeah, that's like 10 hours of sleep. Too much?

Now I've had a tasty breakfast and I'm ready to take on the day. I've already made a list of things I want to accomplish. Most of it is not that fun...like dusting the house and cleaning my makeup brushes and doing homework. But I have some fun things on the list, like dancing around my bedroom using a hair brush as a microphone (even though we have actual microphones in the house). Hey, we're never too old for that!

Oh, PS--out of pure stubbornness I decided to weigh myself again this morning. And I lost 1.8 pounds! Of course the Wii Fit reminded me that last time I weighed it was 6:45 AM and that our bodies fluctuate up to 2 pounds throughout the day so it might not be accurate. Whatever. I saw a number that made me happier and that's that! :)

Happy Saturday to all of you! Do something inspiring today! :)

~Christy~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...