Friday, May 9, 2014

Pumping at Work - VLOG

A question I get a lot is how I manage to keep up with breastfeeding since going back to work. It seems like a lot of women out there are unsure whether pumping at work will be realistic for them. There is a lot to consider, and it's definitely more difficult than just breastfeeding at home. But I feel confident that if you are determined to keep breastfeeding, you can do what you need to do to make it work. And with that comes overcoming the challenges of pumping at work!

I decided to do something a little different for today's post and do my first Vlog! No, I have no video editing knowledge. This is just a video I did on my webcam (yes, I'm at work, but I'm on my lunch break!). Straightforward and simple! I thought it would be useful to show you some of the supplies and whatnot in video format.

Enjoy, and be kind while watching!! :)


A Couple Points I meant to make!:
 + If you're pumping in your car, or if you are afraid of someone walking in on you, you may want to wear a nursing cover or cover yourself with a blanket, shawl, or scarf. Tinted windows are also nice!
+ The two-shirt method is good for nursing and pumping. Wear a cami under your tops. Pull your top up and the cami down. Minimal exposure!
+Be realistic about how much you're going to pump. Check the Not Pumping Enough? link below to see average pump amounts.
+ If you can't keep up with your baby, maybe the problem is not how much you're pumping, but how the baby is being fed. Click the bottle feeding the breastfed baby link and the paced feeding link for info on making your milk last longer!

Other Resources:

Paced feeding? - how your baby should be fed!

Please feel free to email me or post a comment with any questions or concerns you may have. I'm not an expert, but I would love to be able to share my experiences or help you find the proper resources to address your concerns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...