Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm posting this on a Tuesday because I already had a post scheduled for yesterday, so this one got bumped! I don't usually do weekend wrap-ups, but this past weekend had so many fun events, I just had to post about it! :)

Friday night was our first out-of-the-house date night since Grayson was born (7 months ago!). Scott had a work banquet and we asked some awesome friends to watch Grayson for a few hours while we attended. The idea of leaving Grayson was more stressful than the actual act of it was. I was worried that it would be too sad to drop him off after already spending all day away from him at work. I was afraid that he might not be able to fall asleep without me there and would miss bedtime and be cranky the whole evening. I worried that our friends would have trouble taking care of their 2 month old and our 7 month old at the same time. Turns out, none of that was a problem and the evening was SO much fun! The banquet had an open bar (WHOOP!) and fairly decent food. We had a good time hanging out with Scott's coworkers. Afterwards, we went back to our friends' house and hung out for about an hour because Grayson was soundly sleeping, so why not? :)

Forgive the lack of eye makeup. Earlier that week I contracted pink eye! Ick!! I was still on drops at this point and couldn't wear mascara or my contacts. :( So happy to be done with that now!
Saturday was packed with fun! I host a working mom group at my house on Saturday mornings. It was a small turnout this week, but we had a great time hanging out, sharing stories, and encouraging one another. It's a tough job being a working mommy! I'm so thankful to have this awesome support system of inspiring and loving women!

Then we headed to a first birthday party for one of the kiddos in the group. It was an outdoor party so we got some cute hat pictures! :)



After the party, I met up with a friend to go visit another friend who just had a baby. Her new baby is SO beautiful! It's hard to believe that Grayson was a little newborn just 7 short months ago. Time really flies!

Saturday night we had dinner with some friends at our house. It was so much fun -- good food, good friends, good times! :)

Sunday was more of a lazy day, which was perfect after our busy days prior. We woke up and went to Waffle House for breakfast, which was a fun little adventure. Then we went to church, went grocery shopping, came home and took a TWO HOUR nap with Grayson (amazing!), and then had a quiet evening. Scott unfortunately had to work at a finals study event on campus from 6 pm to midnight. So, after dinner I played with Grayson, gave him a bath, put him to bed, cleaned the house a little, and then settled in for a cozy evening with a book and a cup of tea. A little silent alone time with soft lighting and tea was the perfect way for this introvert to recharge after a fun filled weekend of social activities.

How was your weekend?

~Christy~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...