Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down on Friday!

It's Friday, Friday!! You've heard this song, right? Rebecca Black, Friday.  Listen to it. It's hilarious. 


I apologize for not posting in a while. If you read my last post, you understand why. Busy, busy, busy! In fact, I'm posting now in between cleaning the house and working on a paper. Scott's is currently interviewing for grad. school. I'm sure he'll get accepted because he's...well...amazing. :) He's actually doing the same program that I'm in. I'm looking forward to sharing this with him. We're going to try not to take any classes at the same time. Unless they're online. But I'm curious to see how he likes the classes that I've already taken. 


Let's see...last weekend was crazy busy, but good. Scott's family was in town for Erin's thesis defense (she passed! WOOHOO!), and I took a trip up to Atlanta and back on Saturday for Hayley's baby shower. Scott's dad got in a motorcycle accident, but (praise God!) he was not badly hurt. He broke his wrist, but other than that, he is fine and his bike is fine. 


I haven't been doing so hot on the weight loss thing. Honestly, right now is a really tough time to focus on that. I'm not trying to make excuses. It's just that I'm so busy with school right now that I almost feel guilty for taking time to work out. And there have been so many special occasions (and many more coming up!) that include unhealthy food. But the truth is, it's my own lack of self-control. It's much easier to lose weight when I have a decent amount of free time and am in control of the food that it's front of me. But take away that extra time, and put a plate of brownies in front of me, and I'm doomed! I actually ended up gaining a pound (gasp!). That, combined with a couple weeks of no change whatsoever, led me to move my deadline back. I changed it to 2 months from last week. At least, that was what I meant to do. Today I weighed myself (lost .4 pound...yippie!) and the Wii told me that I need to gain 9 pounds to meet my goal. Umm? Turns out when I changed my goal last week, I made it +10 pounds in 2 months, instead of -10. Oops! So, I had to change it again. So, now it's 2 months from today! The good news about that is it will give me more time after the semester ends to catch up. 


I've decided not to worry too much about it right now. I'm not completely abandoning the idea, but just not stressing about trying to lose the weight and finding time to work out. I want to get the next 3 weeks behind me first. And as long as I don't gain several pounds in that time, I'll be pleased. After school is out, I'll have much more free time to work out, and most of the special events will be over and I can go back to being health-conscious all the time. I'm looking forward to that day b/c all this not working out and the occasional cheat meal is making me feel squishy! And that makes me feel like a loser. Seriously, my morale goes down and my body feels sluggish. And it's not just about being "fat." It's about not feeling healthy and energized. I think that's really the best part about this whole challenge.


What else? Oh, I finished What the Birds See. Please don't ever read it. I usually don't like to encourage people NOT to read something because people have different tastes. But this book was really not good. The writing wasn't so bad, but the plot was boring and meaningless. And the ending was really crazy, random, and weird. I felt like there was supposed to be a deeper meaning that maybe I was missing...then I decided it was just a stupid ending! Now I'm reading Long Lost by Harlan Coben. It's a mystery novel. Every now and then I like to get wrapped up in a book like that. It's exciting and makes me feel like a detective! :)


This weekend should be fun. Tomorrow is Ryann's bridal shower and the Connector Orientation at church. Then Sunday is our first church service at the new location--Statesboro High School's auditorium. I'm interested to see how it all plays out! And we're having a lunch afterwards. I'm sure I'll indulge in some terrible-for-you-but-oh-so-tasty food. Eh. What are ya gonna do? 


Thunderstorms tomorrow, which I'm super excited about! I LOVE rain! When I'm indoors, at least. I hope it doesn't make traveling to my events difficult. But I'm looking forward to laying on the couch and watching a movie with Scott, while the rain sprinkles a lullaby outside our open windows... :) I would have liked to have our windows open all week, but our neighbor fertilized his cotton field and WOW...I've never smelled something so awful! Our whole property smelled like manure. But the good news is that the wind is bringing in the rainstorm and today the smell had subsided enough for me to open up my windows and enjoy the cool breeze while I cleaned. Oh, the simple joys in life! :) 


Well, better get to my paper so I can get as much done as possible before the hubz gets home. 


Enjoy your weekend and your rainstorm lullaby....
~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...