Friday, April 1, 2011

Weight...weight...weight...

So, as you know, I started my second weight loss goal a couple weeks back. I am hoping to lose another 10 pounds in 2 months. Actually, I never lost the first 10 pounds in 2 months. I was 1 pound shy of meeting my goal. After that I took a week off...it was Spring Break and I didn't want to have to worry about finding time to work out or having to turn down meals while I was visiting family in Florida. The following week was so crazy busy that I wasn't able to work out on my usual days. I still ate pretty well, though. Well, after 2 weeks I hadn't lost a thing. BUT I also didn't gain anything. This was encouraging because I hadn't really been doing anything to lose weight anyway. I was just glad to see that I wasn't suddenly gaining all my weight back. It was good to see that I could pretty much go about my normal day, eating the things that have become a regular part of my diet, and maintain my weight. But I also realized that my diet change alone was no longer causing weight loss. I think my body has dropped all it can from that change. Unless I cut back even more on calories and fats, I don't think the diet change will do much for meeting my goal. This means I'll need to work even harder when I exercise. I think these next pounds will be more difficult to lose, unfortunately.

This week I got back on my exercise schedule. Monday's workout was okay. I was really tired, so my cardio was weak. I power walked on the treadmill, on the highest incline, for 30 minutes. It was good for the muscles, but didn't do much for my heart rate. Yesterday's workout was AMAZING! I starting jogging on the treadmill and decided I would just jog until I couldn't anymore...or until I reached 30 minutes. I jogged the entire 30 minutes! I know that's not that big a deal for some people. Granted, my pace wasn't that quick. I only ran 2 miles in that time. 15 minute miles are fairly slow...I could probably power walk to that pace. BUT I was actually jogging! I never jog for more than 5 minutes TOPS at a time. If it's not because I'm out of breath, it's because my ankles and shins are killing me. But yesterday I never felt too out of breath, and my ankles didn't even hurt that bad. I think the treadmill works really well for me. It helps me keep my feet in line better, which I think helps the ankle situation. And it helps me maintain a pace. I think when I run outside I tend to speed up to the point that I tire quickly. As much as I try to jog and take it slow, I always feel like I need to be running faster. But on a treadmill, I'm just going along with the speed of the belt. And I'm really comfortable on the treadmill, well...that is, after the first 5-10 minutes being weary of flying off the back (which would be most unpleasant...mainly b/c everyone would gasp, stare, and come to check on injuries. That would be far worse than the injuries themselves). After my jog, I proceeded to my usual free weights, crunches, and other ab work, and stretching. All in all, it was one of the best workouts as of late.

Unfortunately I was not so awesome about what I ate this week. I've indulged in really bad things like El Som (including queso), ice cream, oreo balls, cookies, wine, and lots of cheese and bread!!! So, despite my awesome workout, I gained a pound this week. :( This is my first time gaining any weight since I started this challenge over a month ago. I realize it's only 1 pound and my body can fluctuate that much just during one day, but it was still a little disheartening. I was really hoping the Wii Fit would pop back and say April Fools! But alas, it did not.

So, now...(after eating a piece of pound cake at the office today...rats!) I need to get back on track if I want to at least come close to meeting this goal. No more ice cream and cookies!! And more jogging! I'm really excited to see how much I can improve in this area. I used to run around the block in my neighborhood growing up. I think that was right at a mile. It always helped me lose weight and maintain a healthy body. I think it will really help me reach my goal. And it's something I've always wished I could excel in. But I'm really proud of myself for jogging for 2 miles. I'm pretty sure that's the furthest I've ever ran. Not sure if I want to gradually pick up the pace or gradually jog for longer. Maybe a little of both. But I want to take it slowly. No sense getting ahead of myself and then getting discouraged.

Anyway, that's what's new with me and my weight! I am fitting into my clothes much better, and I constantly get complimented on my weight loss and how thin I look. I'm really pleased with it myself. :) My midsection still needs the most work. My arms and legs are looking better and better, but that booty of mine never ceases! If I can cut back on that and tone up the belly some, I will be satisfied! And despite the weight gain this week, the great workout yesterday has motivated me to get back on track and keep it up!

Hope you are all enjoying your April Fool's Day! Partake in some good pranks for me! :)
~Christy

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm very proud of you for being so dedicated to getting healthier:) Sometimes it's tough! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...