Thursday, April 21, 2011

Good Friday

Tomorrow is Good Friday, and I am SO excited! :) While I have been completely SWAMPED with school and work lately, and while this weekend will be a lot of running around and very little rest, I am still thrilled because nothing is going to get in the way of worshipping God and getting filled to the brim with The Spirit!! :)

Tomorrow we are working half days and then heading up to Alpharetta for the Good Friday Concert with Chris Tomlin, Christy Nockles, Kristian Stanfill, and Louie Giglio. We went last year as well and it was INCREDIBLE. It's so awesome to worship God in such a huge crowd. All that energy is consuming, and God is so present you can literally feel the Spirit coursing through you. Plus, I always love worshipping outside. I feel more connected to God when I'm standing in His beautiful creation. I'm also really excited because this year Scott's parents are going with us. I can't wait to share it with them! I really hope God uses it to reach them in a special way.

On Saturday, we are heading to Snellville to visit Hayley and Julian and their new baby Leland! :) I've seen pictures, and from what I can tell, he is absolutely perfect! I can't wait to meet him. It's so crazy that out of my close-knit group of friends from childhood, one of us already has a baby! And two of us are married and the other 2 are engaged! Crazy! We're all growing up so fast.

THEN we are heading back home to Portal on Saturday night b/c we are both scheduled to work at church on Sunday. Last week was our first service meeting in the new location of Statesboro High School's auditorium. I admit that Scott & I were both hesitant about moving to this location and growing so much so quickly. But the service was so powerful, and all that energy from having 700 people together worshipping God, was overwhelming in the best possible way! This will be my first time serving at this location. The bad thing is we have to get there an hour and a half early to help set up everything. But I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like working with Konnection Kids with this new layout and format. I'm a little bummed that I won't get to attend the service for Easter, but I'm still happy to be at my church home for the holiday. This will be the first year that I actually get to go to my own church for Easter. And even though I won't be in the service, I know I'm part of what's happening there and that's exciting.

I'm trying to get as much done today as possible so that this weekend will not be tainted with worry about school work. Nothing is getting in the way of my abundant joy and thankfulness for Christ this weekend! :) And I wish you all a spiritual and joyful Easter weekend! Remember the reason--I don't think any bunnies have died to save you recently. Just sayin'.

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...