Friday, April 29, 2011

Photo Challenge: Day 2

Day 2: A photo of you and the person you have been close with the longest.

I have to go with my best friend Hayley. She and I have been friends since we were 7. Yes, that's a long time. 18 years, in fact.

At my wedding. May 30, 2009

Halloween 2004. Last minute costumes....
When I was 7 my family moved to Snellville, GA. The day that we moved in, there were about 10 or so kids playing in my nextdoor neighbor's backyard. I went over and met them all. Hayley was not there that day, but her older sister was. I started hanging out with her sister and my neighbor, who were actually a few years older than me. One day we went down to her sister's house to get something, and there was Hayley! That's where we officially met. Shortly there after, my neighbor had a pool party. Embarrassingly enough, I wore floaties. That's right...those floatation devices that go around your arms--the ones 4-year-olds wear. But I didn't know how to swim, so that was that. Luckily, Hayley did not shun me in my moment of absolute loser-ness. We spent the whole day holding onto the ledge of the pool and talking. {It's funny when you can't swim how much time you spend clawing into the edge of the pool!}

Anyway, we pretty much fell in love at that point and have been best friends ever since. We've never had a petty cat-fight, we've never stolen each other's boyfriends, and we HAVE written a lot of notes to each other! We came to college together and were roommates in a single, traditional-style, dorm room. That's where that Halloween picture was taken. We weren't going to dress up, but we all decided it would be fun to do, for pictures' sake alone. So, I think I was a "lady of the night." That leopard print top was the most scandalous thing I owned (notice the fake money coming out of my top). Side note--I don't think real life prostitutes typically leave money hanging out of their shirts. Hmm... And Hayley wore her Batman t-shirt and made a sign that said "I'm Batman!" Very creative. We know. As for the others in the picture, Chris was a vampire and Raycheal was a....Carona monster....? Anyway, we had some good times! If I had some of our really old pictures on my computer I would have posted those as well, but those were pre-Facebook days.

Hayley & I lived together again in an apartment in 2006, but only for a short time. Ever since then, she has been living in Atlanta while I'm down in South GA. We miss each other like crazy, but still manage to talk frequently and see each other occasionally. I'm super excited that she's moving to Warner Robins in July. She'll still be like 2.5 hours away, but it's closer than she is now! AND she has an ADORABLE little baby boy (only about a week old!) of which I am the unofficial Godmother. Love him! :)

So, that's it folks! Me and the bestie! Close for 18 years and counting!

PS--I *may* do another post, non-challenge related, later today. If you're lucky! ;)

Until then,
~Christy

3 comments:

  1. Our kids are definitely not wearing floaties! They'll be SCUBA certified before they can walk! haha. Not really, that would be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough. Save them the ridicule. I'll still need those floaties for myself, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love that you've been friends for SO long!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...