Friday, August 8, 2014

Lately...

I think Fridays are a good time to do "Lately..." posts. Not as many people read blogs on Friday, for whatever reason, and even fewer people want to read heavier subjects on Friday. I guess it's like a buzz kill for the weekend? Personally, I always want to listen to more Ke$ha on Fridays. Just being real! ;) Anyway! Here is my most recent lately thoughts! :)

Praying for...
+ a friend who recently spent some time in addiction rehab treatment
+ a friend battling breast cancer and dealing with the unpleasant side-effects of chemotherapy
+ Mom group! We're starting back next month with a committed group of 10 ladies (myself included) and our little ones! It should be awesome!!
+ Thinking about doing something like this 31 Days of Prayer idea. Scott and I were just talking this morning about how we want to spend more time in prayer about "issues." People without homes, people who are being tortured, abused, neglected, people who are hungry, sick, or lost. I'm thinking of borrowing from that idea and doing a list of more general things, and really ask God to help people in those situations and guide me to any ways I can help.

Working on...
+ lessons for my orientation class this semester! Eek! :)
+ Selling a bunch of random things from our home that we were going to donate anyway. So far I've made about $170! Whoop!
+ Preparing for fall advisement
+ a list of baby registry must-haves for a friend who asked 
+ This 30-Day ab/squat challenge. I'm on day 19!

Hoping for...
+ A fun weekend of traveling to Chattanooga for Scott's half marathon and spending time with his mom and sister
+ A smooth drive to Chattanooga this afternoon... We've never traveled this far during the day with Grayson. We've traveled farther than this, but always at night so he can sleep. This will be interesting driving 5 hours while Grayson is awake. :/ Pray for us!!

Recently...
+Visited my best friend and her family in Fort Mitchell, AL. Her boys are the sweetest! I love seeing them with Grayson. :)
 
+ Had a great small-group meeting, catching up on each other's lives and talking about Hebrews 12 and the discipline of the Lord. (interesting topic!)

Reading...
+ The Bible - just finished Hebrews today! Not sure what we'll read next.
+ Home Front by Kristin Hannah...still! But it's getting SO good! I cry almost every time I pick it up! I wish I had more time to read it!
+ The Happiness Advantage still! We're about halfway through it in my office book club.
+ This awesome blog post about finding balance in your home life
+ This article about missing the village. Sometimes I wish I had a "village," but I think I have a sort of version of it. Mom group is also part of my effort to form a village! :)

Watching...
+ Saving Mr Banks - loved it!
+ VeggieTales (though I think we've now seen all the ones on Amazon streaming!)
+ Big Bugs Band - it's this adorable little cartoon on Hulu Plus with bugs that play different types of music. Each episode is a different musical style, and they're only about 2-3 minutes long. Grayson LOVES it, and Scott and I end up with these little songs in our heads all the time!
+ The Good Wife Season 2
+ most recent season of So You Think You Can Dance
+ We have 12 Years a Slave right now...haven't watched it yet. I'm nervous!

Listening to...
+ Still mostly Pandora on shuffle...all kinds of randomness! 
+ Particularly into One Republic these days

Laughing About...
+ Pretty much everything written on the blog Love Morning Wood (Wood is the family's last name...it's not what it sounds like!)

What are YOU up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...