Monday, July 8, 2013

26 (almost 27) Weeks!

Hello, and welcome to my third trimester! (According to some. Others say it doesn't actually start until 28 weeks. Whatever--I'm claiming it!)

25 Weeks.
That's the shirt I have to wear for orientation sessions at work...
not the best fit because I had to get a large to fit the belly.
And those are pre-preggo pants, with the belly band.

26 weeks
+ Still no cravings (everyone usually wants to know about this!)
+ the bump is growing exponentially, but thankfully no stretch marks yet!
+ Grayson is on the move! I can actually see my belly bounce and shake sometimes when he kicks. He moves the most at night when I'm laying on the couch and especially when I get in bed. But he also moves throughout the day, periodically, especially around mealtimes. He always kicks me a lot during church. It's probably because the worship music wakes him up and then he's all riled up by the time we sit down for the sermon. Or he's just being moved by the Holy Spirit. :)
+ I'm starting to get a little achy, particularly in my lower back and tailbone. I don't usually realize just how bad it is until Scott starts massaging and then I realize I'm very, very sore!
+ Haven't bought anymore maternity clothes. I seem to have enough, combined with regular clothes that still work, to get by. We'll see how much bigger I get and if I need to make another run to Motherhood.
+ My favorite is still dresses and skirts, especially in the heat of the summer.
+Speaking of heat, I'm definitely feeling those pregnancy hot flashes now! Every now and then I just feel overheated. I sleep with two fans on at night and I still rarely use the covers. Sometimes I wake up damp with sweat. Ick!
+ Sleeping has become slightly more challenging because of the heat and the aches, but I feel like I still get a full night's sleep pretty easily.
+ This is TMI, but any sense of bathroom regularity is out the window! Which has led to some other unpleasant and downright painful symptoms that pretty much ruined my weekend and 4th of July! And that's all I'll say about that...
+ Still working out, though admittedly not as often. This is mostly because of a hectic work schedule with lots of orientation sessions and days on my feet. But it's also partly because I'm lazy. ;)
+ No swelling yet. My fingers and feet seem normal size to me!
+ I have my glucose scan coming up to test for gestational diabetes. Wish me luck!
+ We finally worked on the nursery! We've painted and set up every thing we have so far, and we bought him a chest of drawers. We even worked on redoing the guest bathroom and tore down the hideous monkey wallpaper that was there when we bought the house. It was a project-filled weekend! (pictures to come!)

That's about it for preggo updates! Hope you all are having a great Monday!
~Christy~

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we share a lot of the same pregnancy issues! I never use the covers anymore! You look fantastic :). Good luck with the glucose test!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...